A spicy and cheesy Buffalo Chicken Wrap is an easy lunch or dinner. Chicken is simmered in buffalo sauce, and then cream cheese and cheddar cheese are added to make a flavorful filling for tortillas. Add crispy lettuce, onions, and shredded carrots, and you get a delicious buffalo wrap.
There’s a lot going on in this buffalo chicken wrap recipe, but it’s so easy to make. It’s my favorite kind of meal to make – it looks and tastes more complicated than it actually is.
If you love buffalo chicken wings, this wrap is a great one to try. You get all of the flavors but combined in flour tortillas. They’re a little spicy with fresh flavors from lettuce, carrots, and onions.
- Canned chicken – I like the kind packed in water
- Frank’s Buffalo Sauce
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced red onion
- Romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- Large flour tortillas
- Shredded carrots
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Combine the chicken and buffalo sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once it’s heated, reduce the heat to low and add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and ranch. Stir until both kinds of cheese have melted into the sauce.
Take the saucepan off the heat and let it sit for five to ten minutes to cool.
To make the wraps, spoon some of the buffalo chicken mixture on a tortilla. Top it with onions, lettuce, and shredded carrots.
Roll the tortilla up with the sides tucked in like a burrito, and enjoy!
I hate when a wrap doesn’t hold together, so for these buffalo chicken wraps, I use a little bit of cream cheese to seal the flap of the tortilla, so it stays closed. Works great!
For an extra crunch inside the wrap, add some tortilla strips. It adds a great texture and flavor.
Don’t forget to use some ranch dressing for dipping. You can use blue cheese dressing, too.
If you don’t want to use canned chicken, feel free to use grilled chicken or shredded rotisserie chicken.
If you don’t plan to eat all four wraps, I recommend following these steps for storing the leftovers:
- Keep the buffalo chicken stored in its own container. It will keep well for two to three days and can be warmed up when you are ready to serve it.
- Keep the carrots, lettuce, and onions in a separate container, so they stay crisp.
- When you’re ready to eat the wraps, warm the chicken mixture and assemble the wraps.
You can store whole wraps, but the tortillas will soften and get a little soggy after a day or so. Keeping the components separate will work better. If you like easy wrap recipes, this is a great one to try. It looks and tastes like it was bought at a sandwich shop but is really easy to make. I hope you enjoy it!
More Sandwich Alternatives You'll Enjoy
Buffalo Chicken Wrap Recipe
- 1 can of chicken in water
- ¼ C. Frank’s Buffalo Sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ C Ranch
- ¼ red onion
- Romaine or Iceberg Lettuce
- 4 large tortillas
- ½ C. Shredded Carrots
- Heat chicken and ⅛ buffalo sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add cream cheese, ranch, and cheddar cheese, stir until melted, remove from heat.
- Let chicken mixture sit for 5-10min to cool slightly.
- After 5-10min spoon about ⅓ C. of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla.
- Top with onion, lettuce and shredded carrots.
- Roll up burrito style. **Pro tip: spread some cream cheese on the edge of the tortilla to keep it from opening up.
If you like easy wrap recipes, this is a great one to try. It looks and tastes like it was bought at a sandwich shop but is really easy to make. I hope you enjoy it!
Mel is an IT guy turned blogger and is discovering his love of cooking and photography. If you ever have Fantasy Football questions, he's your guy.