Impossible Cheeseburger Pie is a classic recipe that is the ultimate comfort food meal. It tastes like a cheeseburger in casserole form and is so easy to make. It’s made with ground beef, cheese, and Bisquick for a hearty dinner.
This cheeseburger pie recipe is an old-fashioned recipe that was first shared by Bisquick. It’s really simple and perfect when you’re craving some serious comfort food.
Sometimes it’s referred to impossibly easy cheeseburger pie because it really is so easy to make. A few simple ingredients, a couple of steps, and it’s ready to go in the oven.
It’s a fun twist on a cheeseburger that bakes as a casserole in a pie dish. It’s a cheesy stick-to-your-ribs dinner.
Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie Ingredients
- Ground beef
- Finely chopped onion
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Bisquick mix
How to Make a Cheeseburger Pie
In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onion until the beef is no longer pink. Drain off the excess liquid from the pan.
Place the beef and onions in a 9” pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
In a bowl, mix the Bisquick, salt, milk, and eggs until smooth. Pour the mixture over the top of the cheese and beef.
Bake the pie for 25 to 30 minutes at 400°F or until it’s set and cooked through.
Recipe Tips and Variations
If you want to lighten it up try switching the ground beef for ground turkey to make a turkey burger pie.
It’s easy to change the flavor by using different kinds of cheese. Any good meltin cheese will work so try sharp cheddar, provolone, American cheese, or Havarti. Blue cheese is also a good choice.
Make it a bacon cheeseburger pie and add a layer of cooked bacon. Cook the slices before you cook the beef and then layer them over the beef before you add the cheese.
What to Serve with Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
To keep it from being too heavy of a meal, I like to pair it with a lighter side dish like a simple tossed salad or a cooked or roasted vegetable like broccoli or asparagus. This Bisquick impossible cheeseburger pie recipe might be old-fashioned but it’s still loved because it’s so good! The classic hamburger flavors are so good in this dish and it’s a fun way to switch up burger night during the week. I hope you give it a try!
More Dinner Recipes You'll Enjoy
Impossible Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
- One pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup Bisquick mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray a 9 inch glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef and onion. Cook beef until if is no longer pink. Drain the excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl add Bisquick mix, salt, mile and eggs. Whisk together well.
- Add beef into the pie plate, add cheese on top of the beef and then pour the Bisquick mixture on top of the cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve.
- Add bacon to get that extra layer of flavor.
- Experiment with different types of cheese. Sharp Cheddar, Blue cheese or any good melting cheese.
Impossible Cheeseburger Pie is a classic recipe that is the ultimate comfort food meal. It tastes like a cheeseburger in casserole form and is so easy to make.