Learn how to make an Appetizer Board filled with delicious snacks like pigs in a blanket, quesadillas, tater tots, and other appetizers, plus sharing other appetizer board ideas. We love to make a snack board for parties, movie nights, and game days. It’s a fun way to serve appetizers!
If you’ve spent any time on social media, you’ve probably seen all kinds of boards – charcuterie boards, cheese boards, even dessert boards. They’re a really fun way to serve a variety of things for parties.
This appetizer board is something we love to make for parties or when we want to treat ourselves at the end of the week. It’s an assortment of hot snacks and appetizers, and it’s really easy to assemble.
What Can You Serve on an Appetizer Board?
Pretty much anything you like! That’s what great about it – you can easily customize it with your favorite snacks and appetizers.
I’ve been sharing quite a few recipes lately that we love to use on ours, so I’m showing you how to make your own board filled with easy party appetizers.
But first, you need some snack board ideas! Here’s what I like to include:
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Barbecue Meatballs
- Baguette Pizza Bites
- Loaded Tater Tots
- Cheese Quesadillas
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Slice cucumber and red bell pepper
- Dipping sauces for the snacks like salsa, guacamole, ketchup, mustard, and ranch dressing.
I include the quesadilla recipe in the card – it’s an easy two-ingredient recipe that you can make in your air fryer.
How to Assemble the Appetizer Board
The first rule is, there are no rules. You can arrange the snacks however you like, but I wanted to share some tips that work for me when I make one.
The board: You will need a base like a large cutting board, slate, or a sheet pan or cookie sheet. A sheet pan works well because it contains everything, and it’s easy to move around. Just be sure to use a board that is big enough to hold all of the appetizers.
Things in bowls: I like to place anything in a bowl first – like the meatballs and the different dipping sauces. Place them so there are spaces between them that you can fill with the other snacks.
Main snacks: Next, place the bigger snacks in between the bowls. Place them near the dipping sauces that go with them, like salsa with the quesadillas and ketchup with the pigs in a blanket. Stack them up or create a pile to arrange each of them.
Smaller snacks: Once you’ve got all of the main appetizers arranged, fill in the open spots with the vegetables. You could also add crackers, potato chips, or pretzels.
Other Appetizer Ideas
Here are some other appetizers we use that you might like, too. You don’t have to make them from scratch. Sometimes we buy our favorite frozen appetizers to make it really easy!
- Jalapeno poppers with ranch dressing
- Chicken eggrolls with sweet and sour sauce
- Mozzarella sticks with marinara
- Buffalo wings with bleu cheese dressing
- French fries with dipping sauce
There are many possibilities for a snack board, so get creative and make one with everything you love. Make a big appetizer board with easy appetizers for a crowd, or create a smaller one for a fun family movie night. I hope you give it a try!
Other Party Dishes You'll Enjoy
- Get creative!! You don’t need to follow how we did our board. Just make it fun.
- Put meatballs and your favorite condiments in bowls. Place them on the board spaced out.
- Start adding the appetizers. Put the tater tots with the ketchup, pigs in a blanket with the mustard, quesadillas with the salsa and the veggies around the ranch dressing Put the pizza bites where they will fit. Then just move the items around until they look good on the board. Enjoy!!
- Substitute your favorite appetizers on the board. We also love jalapeno poppers, taquitos, cheesy garlic bread, egg rolls and so on. Just have fun with it!
- Substitute your favorite condiments as well!
Learn how to make an Appetizer Board filled with delicious snacks like pigs in a blanket, quesadillas, tater tots, and other appetizers, plus sharing other appetizer board ideas.