Baguette Pizza Bites are a delicious and easy appetizer or snack. Just like your favorite pizza, they’re topped with pepperoni, sauce, and cheese but baked on small slices of baguette for an easy-to-eat bite that’s great for parties.
Have you ever had French bread pizza? You know, the big slices of bread topped with pizza toppings and baked? Well, these baguette pizzas are the same idea except made smaller, so they’re easier to serve as an appetizer or snack. They’re mini French bread pizzas that are so delicious.
The size makes these pizza bites an excellent party appetizer. Or, you can also make these for dinner when you’re craving pizza. They’re an easy 30-minute meal.
4-Ingredient Pizza Bites
It’s always tempting to buy frozen pizza bites, but using fresh bread and toppings is so much better. Plus, they’re just as easy to make with only four ingredients.
- Thin baguette – French bread or sourdough works great
- Sliced pepperoni cut in half
- Pizza sauce
- Grated mozzarella cheese
How to Cook Pizza Bites
Slice the baguette into 1” slices. You should be able to fit 15 to 18 pieces on one baking sheet.
Top each slice with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. I usually add two to three pieces of pepperoni on each slice.
Turn on the broiler and place the baking sheet underneath. Broil the pizza bites for a couple of minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve them hot from the oven.
Tip: Don’t overload the bread with too much cheese, sauce, and pepperoni. You don’t want the bread to be weighed down because it will be harder to hold and eat.
Can you make a pizza baguette ahead? I don’t recommend assembling them ahead of time. The sauce can make the bread soggy if they sit in the refrigerator. Once they’re broiled, it’s best to enjoy them while the cheese is still hot and melted.
Can I use different toppings? Yes, you can use other toppings. You can use all different kinds of meat, but it needs to be cooked before assembling the bites. You can also swap the mozzarella for other types of cheese you enjoy on pizza. Toppings like olives, pepperoncini, and sun-dried tomatoes will work well. You should cook other veggies like mushrooms, onions, and peppers first.
What goes with baguette pizza? If you want to serve them for dinner, try adding a Caesar salad on the side or some French fries for a fun dinner.
The next time you are craving pizza, you should give this baguette pizza bite recipe a try. They’re great for parties, but we make them a lot for easy dinners, too. Either way, it’s an easy recipe I know you’ll want to try!
Other Appetizers You'll Enjoy
Baguette Pizza Bites Recipe
- 1 thin baguette French bread or sourdough
- 1 6 ounce package of pepperoni slices cut in half
- Pizza sauce store bought
- 1 to 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese grated
- Cut the baguette into 1” thick slices. About 15-18 slices will fit on a large cookie sheet. Place slices in a single layer on a large cookie sheet covered with parchment paper
- Spread an even layer of pizza sauce on the slices. Then cover the entire slice with mozzarella cheese. Place cut pieces of pepperoni on top of the cheese. I use two or three cut slices of pepperoni on each one.
- Turn on broiler and place cookie sheet on the top rack near the broiler. Let cook for just a minute or two or until the cheese is fully melted. Serve hot.
Just like your favorite pizza, these Baguette Pizza Bites are topped with pepperoni, sauce, and cheese but baked on small slices of baguette for an easy-to-eat bite that’s great for parties.
Mel is an IT guy turned blogger and is discovering his love of cooking and photography. If you ever have Fantasy Football questions, he's your guy.