Make your own queso dip at home for parties, holidays or anytime you want a delicious cheese dip! This sausage queso dip is easy to make with just a handful of ingredients. Serve it with lots of tortilla chips for a delicious appetizer or snack that everyone will love.
If there’s queso dip on the menu at a restaurant it’s pretty much guaranteed that I’m going to order it. I just can’t get enough of a cheesy, savory dip with lots of tortilla chips! Turns out, homemade queso dip is really easy to make so now I’m in real trouble – once you know how to make it at home, you can make it whenever a craving strikes.
Table of Contents
Sausage con Queso Dip is an Easy Appetizer Recipe
What I love best about this recipe is that the queso is really creamy and cheesy. Sometimes homemade versions end up grainy or stringy – not this one! I’m showing you how to make it so it has the best texture.
I love adding sausage because it gives the dip so much flavor. The combination of the savory sausage with the creamy melted cheese is a perfect combination.
- Mild or spicy ground sausage
- Finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- Cubed cream cheese
- Rotel (canned diced tomatoes and green chiles)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions
How to Make Queso with Sausage
Brown the sausage in a deep skillet along with the jalapeno. Once it’s cooked through, drain off the excess fat in the pan.
Add the cream cheese and stir until it’s melted and smooth. Add the Rotel and cheddar cheese and stir continuously until the cheese is melted. Once the dip is bubbling hot it’s ready to serve.
I like to garnish the queso with green onions, some diced tomatoes, and a little extra cheddar cheese on top. You can serve the dip straight from the skillet or transfer it to a serving bowl. Don’t forget the tortilla chips!
What to Serve with Sausage Queso Dip
I’ll be honest and say I can happily have just this sausage queso for dinner, but we love to serve it with other dishes for parties or family dinners. Here are some ideas:
For Parties: It’s always a hit for parties and game-days especially when you add some baked taquitos, tater tot nachos, or some jalapeno poppers alongside it!
For Dinner: Taco Tuesday is a whole lot better with some sausage queso dip! Serve it with some vegetarian fajitas, chicken fajitas, or taco bowls for an amazing weeknight dinner.
So, are you ready to grab a bag of chips and start scooping? You are going to love this queso dip recipe!
Other Appetizers You’ll Enjoy
Sausage Queso Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground sausage mild or spicy
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 10 ounce Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies hold a small portion of the diced tomatoes for garnish
- 16 ounce cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 Jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- Green onion and diced tomatoes for garnish
- Cooking spray
- Spray cooking spray on a deep skillet and bring to medium heat. Add sausage and jalapeno peppers. Cook until sausage is browned (8-12 minutes). Drain any excess liquid.
- Add cubed cream cheese and stir it into the sausage until it is melted and fully distributed with the sausage
- Add Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies and the shredded cheddar cheese. Stir and incorporate into the sausage until cheese is melted and the mixture starts to bubble
- Garnish with green onion, diced tomato and a little cheddar cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
Sausage Queso Dip is perfect served with lots of tortilla chips for a delicious appetizer or snack that everyone will love. It won’t take you all day to make and is a crowd pleaser!