Loaded Tater Tots are an easy appetizer with just three ingredients. Crispy tots topped with bacon and cheddar cheese is a delicious snack or appetizer that is great for parties and game-days.
Maybe you’ve had plain tater tots dipped in ketchup, but have you ever had loaded tater tots? It’s a really easy appetizer that is like loaded French fries or nachos but made with tater tots instead.
Hot tater tops are topped with crispy bacon and melted cheese. The flavor combination is delicious. Once you know how to make tater tots with toppings, you’ll want to make them for all of your parties and game-days.
Table of Contents
The best part about this recipe is that you only need three ingredients:
- Tater tots
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Loaded Tater Tops
You will need a baking sheet for the tots and a skillet to cook the bacon for this recipe.
The first step is to bake the tater tots on a baking sheet following the package directions. While they’re baking, cook the bacon and, once it’s crispy, drain it and chop it into small pieces.
A few minutes before the tots are done, take them out of the oven. Push them together, and then sprinkle the cheese and bacon bits over the top.
Turn the oven to broil, and broil the loaded tater tots until the cheese is melted. This should only take one to two minutes, so keep an eye on them, so the cheese doesn’t burn.
Serve them hot from the oven!
Are tater tots gluten-free?
It depends on the brand that you choose, and all of them vary. It’s always a good idea to check the ingredient list when you buy them. Or, the package may say that they are gluten-free.
Recipe Variations and Serving Ideas
This is a really easy recipe to switch up, so feel free to experiment with different flavors. Here are some ideas:
- Switch up the cheese and try shredded pepper jack, Monterey Jack, or other good melting cheese that you like.
- Add garnishes like sliced green onion, chopped red onion, fresh parsley, or cilantro.
- Add a dipping sauce on the side – ranch dip, BBQ sauce, cheese dip, or salsa are good ones to try.
This loaded tater tot recipe is so simple to make – you can easily make it whenever you get a craving. The combination of cheese and bacon with hot, crispy tots is always a winner. Add this one to your list of snacks for your next game-day get-together. Everyone will love it. Enjoy!
Other Appetizers You’ll Enjoy
Loaded Tater Tots Recipe
- 1 28 ounce bag tater tots
- 7 strips bacon
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Follow directions on the tater tot package and pre-heat oven (usually 400°F) and place tater tots on large cookie sheet in a single layer. While waiting for the oven to heat up, cook bacon until crispy and set aside.
- Once the tater tots are close to being done, remove from oven. Push tater tots close together and sprinkle cheese over the top. Then add bacon bits. Turn on your broiler. Place cookie sheet on a high rack and let the cheese melt. About 1-2 minutes. Remove and serve hot.
Loaded Tater Tots are so simple to make and so beyond delicious! The combination of cheese and bacon with hot, crispy tots is always a winner.