These turkey meatballs are juicy and tender and ready in less than 30 minutes! Lean ground turkey, breadcrumbs, seasonings and cheese are mixed together and cooked in a skillet for an easy dinner that can be served with pasta, rice, as sandwiches or even as an appetizer. This turkey meatball recipe is so versatile – you will love it!
If you think homemade meatballs are time-consuming and a pain to make, I think you’re in for a happy surprise today! My ground turkey meatballs are so quick and easy you can make them on a weeknight.
With my recipe, you don’t need a bunch of ingredients and you don’t need to deal with a lot of fussy cooking steps to make a batch of tender, juicy meatballs. These tasty bites are ready in just under 30 minutes!
This is a really great recipe because you serve them in a variety of ways – with pasta or rice, as sandwiches, or as a bite-sized appetizer just to name a few. There are a lot of possibilities with this one!
In this post, I’m showing you how to make them and how long to cook turkey meatballs so you get the perfect batch every time. This is a quick stovetop method for golden brown meatballs that are tender and juicy.
Ingredients for Easy Turkey Meatballs
- Ground turkey
- Minced garlic
- Grated onion
- Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Beaten egg
- Dry breadcrumbs
Tip: I recommend grating the onion instead of chopping it. That way, it disappears into the meatballs, but you get all the flavor. I don’t like chunks of onions in my meatballs – grating with a box grater is so much better (use the small holes!).
How to Make Turkey Meatballs
- Mix: Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Scoop: Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to form the meatballs. This will yield approximately 15 meatballs.
- Cook: Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Place the meatballs in an even layer (if they don’t all fit, cook them in two batches) and cook them for 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat or until they are cooked through. Turn them frequently so they evenly brown an all sides.
Tip: You can your meatballs bigger or smaller but be sure to adjust the cooking time.
Mix, scoop and cook! It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Can I use a different kind of meat?
Yes, you can easily swap the ground turkey for ground beef, ground chicken, or ground pork. You can also do a mix like half beef with half pork.
Different types of ground meat have different fat content so just keep that in mind. If you want lean meatballs ground turkey, lean ground beef and ground chicken are a good choice.
Can I freeze meatballs?
Yes, you can! This is a really great recipe for meal prep because they will keep well in the refrigerator for three to four days or in the freezer for up to three months. Sometimes I double the batch so when I need a quick dinner I can just warm them up.
If you freeze them, be sure to fully cool them first. Store them in a freezer bag or other container and they will keep for up to three months.
How to Serve Them!
There are a few different ways to serve these healthy turkey meatballs – here are some of my favorite ways:
- Serve them with marinara and pasta.
- You can also serve them plain with rice and veggies on the side.
- Pile them into rolls, top with sauce and cheese for meatball subs.
- For a lower-carb dinner, serve them with just some marinara sauce, cheese and a vegetable like steamed broccoli, cauliflower or green beans on the side.
- They make a great appetizer, too! Simmer them in BBQ sauce, teriyaki sauce or other sauce you like and serve them in a bowl with toothpicks on the side for a bite-sized snack.
This is definitely my staple meatball recipe that I make again and again. They’re so easy and delicious! If you’ve been looking for a new turkey meatball recipe to try, I think you will love this one. Enjoy!
Other Dinners You'll Enjoy
Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 small yellow onion grated
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Shape approximately 15 meatballs using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop.
- Spray nonstick skillet lightly with vegetable oil.
- Cook meatballs on medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Turn fairly often to brown all sides. They should be browned evenly on the outside. If all meatballs don’t fit into your skillet repeat for the second batch.
- These can be served as a main dish with pasta, they can be an appetizer or can be served alone as a main course topped with some pasta sauce and parmesan cheese.
- You can use other ground beef, ground chicken or any other ground meat for the meatballs.
With my Turkey Meatball recipe, homemade isn’t complicated and you don’t need a bunch of ingredients! Lean ground turkey, breadcrumbs, seasonings and cheese is all you need for a tasty dinner that’s ready in no time.