Creamy, comforting Chicken and Egg Noodles Skillet is an easy dinner recipe that you will want to make again and again. It’s family-friendly and perfect for weeknight dinners because it only takes about 30 minutes to make. If you love mushrooms, chicken and pasta you will love this easy chicken recipe.
Sometimes I get nostalgic for comforting dinners I ate growing up and this recipe I’m sharing today is definitely an old-fashioned chicken and egg noodles recipe. It’s just like what my mom made while I was growing up and I never get tired of it. Sometimes all you need is a comforting, familiar dinner to make everything better, right?
This chicken egg noodles skillet dinner is simple, but it’s not lacking in the flavor department! It has fresh mushrooms, tender and juicy chicken and a creamy sauce that’s so easy to make.
My mom always had cans of condensed soup on hand to make easy dinners and I do, too. Sometimes you need a shortcut! Plus, if you’ve ever wondered “how do you thicken chicken and noodles?” condensed soup is the answer. It’s the easiest way to make a thick and velvety sauce.
You Will Love this Creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet!
I’m so excited to show you how to make chicken and noodles with egg noodles! Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make it:
- Condensed cream of chicken soup
- Black pepper
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- Sliced fresh mushrooms
- Frozen peas
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooked egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley
You can use cream of chicken and mushroom soup and omit the fresh mushrooms to make it even easier! If you really LOVE mushrooms feel free to double the amount of fresh mushrooms.
How to Make Easy Chicken and Egg Noodles
Ready for quick creamy chicken and noodles?! This is a really fast recipe – it’s perfect for weeknights.
- Cook the chicken in a large skillet over medium heat for five to 10 minutes. You want to cook it until it’s almost done and then transfer it to a plate while you make the rest of the dish. Once you add back to the sauce it will finish cooking.
- In the same pan, cook the mushrooms for two to three minutes. Add the soup, pepper, and cheese and stir it occasionally until it’s hot. Add the chicken to the sauce along with the frozen peas and cook it all together for two to three minutes.
Serve the chicken and sauce over the cooked egg noodles.
What to Serve with Creamy Chicken and Noodles Skillet
Sometimes I serve it all on its own and sometimes I add some side dishes – especially if I want to stretch it to serve a few more people. Adding sides is a great way to do that!
- Add a fresh tossed salad on the side with a tangy vinaigrette. It will balance out the richness of the chicken and noodles.
- If you’re feeling like really treating yourself add some crusty bread on the side to soak up all of the creamy sauce.
- Simple veggies like roasted or steamed broccoli, cooked green beans, sautéed spinach or glazed carrots are a nice side dish, too.
How Long Do the Leftovers Keep?
This is a great dish for leftovers (hint: make a double batch!) because chicken and egg noodles keep well in the refrigerator for several days.
The sauce will thicken when it’s chilled but you can add a splash of milk, chicken broth or even just water to loosen it up when you reheat it. Warm it up on the stove or in the microwave.
If you’ve been craving some serious comfort food, I hope you give this chicken noodle skillet a try! It’s one of my favorite chicken and egg noodle recipes. I think you’ll love just as much as we do.
Other Dinners You'll Enjoy
Chicken and Noodles Skillet Recipe
- 1 10 1/2 ounce can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1 1/2 pounds cooked boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- In a large skillet on medium heat cook chicken until browned and almost done 5-10 minutes. Remove and set on a plate.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in soup, milk, black pepper and parmesan cheese stirring occasionally and cook until hot. Add in chicken and peas and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over pasta (you can also add the pasta into the skillet and mix). Garnish with parsley
- You can use cream of chicken and mushroom soup and remove the fresh mushrooms.
- If you love mushrooms add in 8 ounces instead of 4.
This Chicken and Egg Noodles Skillet has fresh mushrooms, tender and juicy chicken and a creamy sauce that’s so easy to make. It’s family-friendly and perfect for busy weeknights since it only takes about half an hour to make.