This easy honey garlic chicken is a 30-minute meal that cooks on one sheet pan in the oven. It’s a complete dinner with tender chicken, vegetables and a sweet and tangy honey garlic sauce that is easy to prep and easy to clean-up! It’s the perfect meal for weeknights.
Who loves sheet pan dinners? I know I do because easy clean-up is always a winner in my book! This Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken is one of my favorites – tender chicken and veggies with a delectable honey garlic sauce to pull it all together. This is definitely a family favorite!
This is an easy recipe that takes about 10 minutes to prep so it’s perfect for weeknights. I love that I can make a main dish and a side dish all on the same pan – I know you’re going to love it, too.
Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken is an Easy Prep Dinner!
First, prep the chicken and veggies:
- Slice boneless, skinless chicken breasts into strips
- Break a head of broccoli into individual florets (or buy a bag of florets to make it easy!)
- Chop the carrots
- Slice bell peppers into strips
In a shallow bowl, combine corn starch with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken strips in the cornstarch and place them in an even layer on a sheet pan.
Spread the vegetables in an even layer on the sheet pan and season them with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Bake the chicken and veggies for 10 minutes at 400°F.
How to Make Easy Honey Garlic Sauce
While they’re baking make the honey garlic sauce! Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Grated fresh ginger
- Red pepper flakes
Combine all of the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring it to a low boil on the stove. Add the red pepper flakes and give it a stir.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with cold water. Pour this into the sauce and stir. The cornstarch will help thicken the sauce.
Pour the thickened sauce over the chicken (after it’s baked for 10 minutes). Bake the chicken and sauce with the vegetables for eight to ten minutes longer or until the chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature should be 165°F).
How to Serve Honey Garlic Chicken
I like to garnish the chicken and veggies with sesame seeds and sliced green onions. Sometimes I serve it just like that and other times I’ll add some cooked rice to go with it – totally up to you!
If you happen to have leftovers (we never do!) they will keep well in the refrigerator for a few days. Perfect for easy an easy lunch the next day.
I can tell you that everyone will love this sheet pan chicken dinner – the sticky honey garlic chicken sauce with the chicken and veggies is a delicious combination! So, are you ready to break out the sheet pan? You’ll love how easy this recipe is to make. Enjoy!
Other Dinners You'll Enjoy
Sheet Pan Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 bell pepper cut into strips
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated (or 1 teaspoon ground dried ginger)
- Dash red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Slice chicken into strips - 3 to 4 even-sized strips per breast. Put the cornstarch on a dish and season with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken strips in cornstarch and place on prepared baking sheet. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of remaining cornstarch.
- Add the veggies to the baking sheet, making sure everything is in even layer. Season with garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the honey garlic sauce. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add honey, minced garlic, oil, soy sauce, mustard, and ginger. Stir and allow to come to a low boil for a couple minutes. Turn heat down to medium-low, add in pepper flakes. Combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to ¼ cup cold water, then add to the sauce to thicken. Simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes, until thick.
- After 10 minutes in the oven, pour sauce over chicken, coating the strips. Pour any remaining sauce over the veggies. Return pan to oven for 8 to 10 more minutes, until chicken is cooked through and starting to brown.
- Serve chicken and veggies over rice, garnished with sesame seeds and green onions.
This is an easy recipe that takes only 10 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to cook, and 5 to clean up! Honey Garlic Chicken is perfect with some cooked rice or quinoa.
Mel is an IT guy turned blogger and is discovering his love of cooking and photography. If you ever have Fantasy Football questions, he's your guy.