Making chicken parmesan in the slow cooker is the easiest way to make this classic chicken dish. It’s quick to prep and once the chicken parmesan is in the slow cooker it’s hands-off until dinner time! Serve it with penne pasta for a comforting and hearty dinner.
I’ve made chicken parmesan the traditional way and let me tell you, it makes a mess! I don’t love frying things and I hate when oil splatters all over the stove. So, now I make crockpot chicken parmesan – you get the juicy breaded chicken with all the sauce, but all of it cooks in the slow cooker for easy prep and clean-up.
If you haven’t tried making this classic dish in your slow cooker, I think you will after you see how easy it is. It’s so good! Juicy chicken coated in flavorful breadcrumbs and topped with cheese and sauce – what’s not to love?
Table of Contents
Chicken Parmesan Crockpot Recipe
- Bread crumbs
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Jarred pasta sauce
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Penne pasta
Place the bread crumbs in a shallow bowl with the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine them.
In a separate shallow bowl, beat the egg.
Prepare the slow cooker by spraying the inside with cooking spray and spread a thin layer of the pasta sauce in the bottom.
To bread the chicken, first dip it in the egg and then coat it evenly in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the breaded chicken in the slow cooker in an even layer.
Spread the rest of the pasta sauce over the top of the chicken. Cover the crockpot and cook the chicken on high for and hour to an hour and a half or until the chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature should be 165 degrees).
Remove the lid and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top. Cover the again and cook for another five minutes or until the cheese is melted.
How to Serve Chicken Parmesan
I love to serve it with penne pasta, but you can switch it up and use your favorite pasta shape! Serve the chicken parm on top of the pasta and garnish with some fresh chopped parsley and more cheese. I’m always happy to have some extra cheese on mine.
You can also add a side like a simple salad or vegetables like cooked broccoli, green beans, or asparagus. Oh, and bread – a few slices of toasted bread is perfect for soaking up all that sauce!
This easy crockpot chicken parmesan with pasta is one of our favorite dinners – we make it on repeat at our house! I think once you try it, you’ll keep it in your dinner rotation, too. It’s so easy to prep, cook, and clean-up you’ll won’t want to make it any other way!
Other Dinners You’ll Enjoy
Crockpot Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken approx. 4 breasts
- 1 26 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese grated
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray and put a thin layer of pasta sauce on the bottom.
- Get two shallow bowls and break the egg in one. Beat egg until foamy. In the other, add bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, Garlic, Red Pepper flakes, Salt and Pepper. Dip chicken into the egg and then get an even coat of bread crumb mix. Place chicken in crockpot. Spread the remaining pasta sauce evenly over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for an hour to an hour and a half. Check chicken after 1 hour with a meat thermometer. It should heat to 165°.
- Spread the cheese evenly over the chicken. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is fully melted. While waiting cook and drain pasta following the instructions on the box. Serve chicken with the pasta. Garnish with parsley.
- Chicken varies in size and thickness. Check chicken regularly to ensure it is cooked to 165°.
- Try with different types of pasta to give a little bit different twist.
If you haven’t tried making Chicken Parmesan in your slow cooker, you should! It’s so good and prep and cleanup is so easy since all the work is done by your crockpot.