Crockpot jelly meatballs are a little savory, a little sweet. And the perfect treat! If you feel skeptical just think about all the other sweet and savory dishes you enjoy without a hitch! This easy recipe is a quick and unique meal that won’t disappoint!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe
- The flavor of these meatballs is the perfect mix between sweet and savory!
- These are easy to cook and the recipe only has a couple of steps, with three ingredients, it really can’t get easier than that! Don’t worry flavor certainly is not compromised for ease.
- Frozen meatballs
- Chili sauce
- Jelly- You can use grape, raspberry, or strawberry jelly, any of these flavors work! For this recipe I used strawberry.
How to Make Crockpot Jelly Meatballs
- Make the sauce: In a medium saucepan add jelly over medium heat. Keep stirring until the jelly liquefies. Add the chili sauce and combine well by stirring it into the jelly.
- Cook meatballs: Add the frozen meatballs to the crockpot. Pour the jelly and chili sauce over the meatballs. Cook the meatballs and sauce on low for 3-4 hours. Be sure to stir it every hour until they are done. Then serve!
Many People use grape jelly for this recipe. We used strawberry but you can try this with any flavor you like. Just make sure there aren’t any seeds.
Frozen meatballs are pre-cooked so you don’t have to worry about undercooked raw meat, but still, make sure you check on them frequently so they are cooked to your liking. Different crockpots cook at different speeds and you don’t want your meatballs overdone (Unless you like them like that).
These Jelly Meatballs are only three ingredients and requires almost no prep time. Then let the crockpot do it’s magic. You’ll end up with tender and slightly sweet meatballs you will love!!
Crockpot Jelly Meatballs
- 1 pound frozen meatballs
- 1 –12-ounce jar chili sauce
- ¾ cup jelly you can use grape, raspberry, or strawberry we used strawberry
- In a medium saucepan add jelly over medium heat. Stir frequently until the jelly liquifies. Add chili sauce and combine well with the jelly.
- Add frozen meatballs to the crockpot. Pour the jelly and chili sauce over the meatballs. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring every hour. Serve!!