Teriyaki Meatballs are an easy dish to make that you can serve as a main dish for dinner or as an appetizer for parties. Serve the sweet and tangy turkey meatballs with sauteed bell peppers and fresh green onions – pile it all on cooked rice for a quick and easy meal.
One of my favorite short-cut ingredients is frozen turkey meatballs. We always have a bag stocked in our freezer for easy meals.
There are so many ways to use them, and using them to make teriyaki meatballs is one of our favorite meals. It’s a recipe you can make for dinner, or you can serve them as a snack or appetizer. You can also make teriyaki turkey meatballs ahead for meal prep, so you have easy meals on hand during the week.
The meatballs taste great with the sweet and tangy sauce, bell peppers, and green onions add fresh flavor and color, and the whole dish is ready in less than 45 minutes.
Easy 6 Ingredient Recipe
Short-cut ingredients make this dish really easy – we keep them stocked in our kitchen for a quick dinner when we have busy nights.
- Frozen ground turkey meatballs
- Teriyaki sauce
- Sliced bell pepper
- Chopped green onions
- Chicken broth
- Cooking spray
3-Step Teriyaki Meatball Recipe
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and cook the sliced bell pepper over medium heat. Cook them until they are crisp-tender, about two to three minutes. Take them out of the pan and set them aside.
Add the broth to the same pan. Place the frozen meatballs in the broth in an even layer. Cook them until they are hot, stirring occasionally. This should take about 15 to 20 minutes over medium heat.
Add the sauce and stir to coat the meatballs. Cook them for five minutes or until the sauce is warmed.
How to Serve Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
You can serve them as is with the peppers and sliced green onions, but we like to spoon them over cooked rice for a complete meal.
Add a side dish like cooked green beans, broccoli, or cauliflower. Sometimes we add our favorite store-bought eggrolls as a side, too.
They also make a great appetizer – pile them in a serving bowl with some toothpicks on the side so everyone can help themselves.
Sauce: I recommend using a thick teriyaki sauce for this recipe.
Recipe Variations: Choose your favorite color bell peppers or do a mix to make a colorful dish. Garnish the meatballs with sesame seeds for some crunch and texture.
Meal prep: You can prepare this dish ahead of time and divide the meatballs and peppers into meal prep containers. Add some cooked rice, and they will keep for three to four days in the refrigerator. Warm them up in the microwave for easy lunches and dinners.
Homemade meatballs: Want to skip frozen ones? Make my homemade ground turkey meatball recipe for this dish. We make these teriyaki meatballs a lot because it’s so easy, and the flavors are great! If you’ve been looking for a new weeknight dinner to try, I think you’ll love it. Enjoy!
Other Easy Dinners You'll Enjoy
Teriyaki Meatballs Recipe
- 24 ounce package of frozen turkey meatballs
- 1 16 ounce jar of thick teriyaki sauce
- 1 Bell pepper you can use any color, cut into small strips
- 2 Green onions chopped for garnish
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Cooking spray
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and pre-heat to medium heat. Add Bell peppers. Heat for 2-3 minutes. They should still be firm but lightly cooked. Set to the side.
- Add meatballs and chicken broth into the skillet. Meatballs should be in a single layer. Cook covered over medium heat for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add Teriyaki sauce to the skillet and heat for another 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Make sure all meatballs are covered with sauce.
- Serve with rice and add cooked bell peppers and green onion for garnish. You can also just serve with toothpicks for an appetizer.
Teriyaki Meatballs are a healthy, hearty dinner when served over cooked white rice. The whole meal comes together in under 45 minutes making it perfect for weeknights or weekends.