Tortellini Soup in the crockpot is an easy dinner that is full of flavor. Store-bought tortellini simmers with sausage, tomatoes, and spinach in a delicious broth thickened with cream cheese. It’s hearty and filling, especially with some crusty bread on the side.
The crockpot makes cooking so much easier, and one of my favorites things to make in it is homemade soup. The recipe I’m sharing today is a really simple sausage tortellini soup that is easy to prep, and then you just leave it to simmer.
We love this slow cooker tortellini soup on chilly days. It’s comforting and filling all on its own, or you can serve it with a salad and bread on the side.
Table of Contents
Tortellini Soup Recipe
- Frozen tortellini
- Cooked ground sausage
- Minced garlic
- Fresh spinach
- Canned fired roasted tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Cubed cream cheese
- Diced onion
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Tortellini Soup with Chicken Broth
Place the cooked sausage, garlic, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, chicken broth, and cream cheese in the crockpot. Cook on low for four to five hours.
One an hour, whisk the soup to the cream cheese melts evenly into the broth.
When there are 30 minutes of cooking time left, add the frozen tortellini and spinach and stir. Cover the crockpot and let the soup simmer for the rest of the time.
When the cooking time is up, stir the soup and give it a taste. Add salt and pepper to taste, and then stir again before serving. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over each serving.
What kind of tortellini can you use? You can use any flavor you like – we like cheese tortellini, but other types would be good, too. Just make sure to use frozen tortellini and not the refrigerated kind.
Can you use frozen spinach? Yes, but you will only need to use about a quarter of a box or approximately 2 to 3 ounces.
How long does spinach tortellini soup last? It will last for a few days in the fridge, but the pasta will absorb the broth, so it won’t be very soupy. Because of this, I think it’s best the day it’s made.
What to Serve with Tortellini Soup
To make it a complete meal, try adding some of these sides:
- Try our easy Garlic Knots – they are great for dunking in the soup.
- Add a salad like our Spinach Salad, Caesar Salad, or Greek Salad.
- Keep it simple, and just add slices of Italian or French Bread.
The next time you’re craving a hearty soup with pasta, you should give this crockpot tortellini soup a try. It’s so easy and has the best creamy broth – we love the flavors and hope you do, too!
More Crockpot Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Crockpot Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 16 ounces frozen tortellini
- 1 pound ground sausage browned and drained
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 14.5 ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened and cut into small cubes
- ½ medium onion diced
- I cup parmesan cheese grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add diced tomatoes, sausage, garlic, Italian seasoning, chicken broth, cream cheese and onion in the crockpot. Cook on low heat for 4-5 hours. Whisk every hour to help melt and incorporate the cream cheese.
- Add tortellini and spinach for the last 30 minutes of cook time.
- Stir and serve. Add some parmesan cheese on each bowl.
Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup is the perfect dish for chilly days! It’s filling and comforting and pairs perfectly with salad and bread on the side.