These Mini Turkey Meatloaf Muffins are so easy to make and great for an easy dinner because they bake up fast! These mini meatloaves are full of ground turkey and shredded zucchini making them a delicious yet healthy weeknight meal.
If you are looking for an easy 30-minute meal for your next dinner, this is it. It’s our favorite meatloaf made into meatloaf muffins!
My husband absolutely loves meatloaf in every form. It’s one of his favorite meals, but I never made it very often until I found this recipe. I’ve never loved meatloaf, but this easy recipe was a game changer for me. Even my picky eater loves these meatloaf muffins.
I absolutely love that this recipe starts with ground turkey because we try to limit how much red meat we eat. Of course, you can substitute ground beef if you prefer, but you’ll never know it uses turkey.
These are the perfect muffins for any quick meal, whether it be lunch or dinner. I love making a dozen for dinner on a Monday night and then heating up the leftovers for lunch or making meatloaf subs the next day. My husband even likes to eat these cold!
I also love making these ahead of time when I know I’m going to have a busy few weeks. We’ll eat them for Sunday dinner and then I freeze the rest for a meal the next week when I know we’re too busy to cook.
Moist turkey meatloaf muffins are really all you need to make a great 30 minute meal!
People often think that ground turkey can’t be moist and delicious, but it can if you add the right ingredients. This recipe uses shredded zucchini to not only add flavor and vegetables, but to add the moistness that you might miss in a normal ground turkey recipe. Add some pasta sauce and lots of seasoning and you’ll never miss your higher fat meatloaf! Move over mom, a new meatloaf is in town.
How to make Turkey Meatloaf Muffins:
- Start with ground turkey – I love using 93/7.
- This recipe calls for breadcrumbs instead of oatmeal. I prefer the texture.
- You can also use shredded squash instead of zucchini.
- Use your favorite pasta sauce, homemade or jarred.
- These are perfect for kids served with a side of potatoes, and you can freeze the leftovers!
Want even more? Subscribe to Easy Good Ideas to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
Mini Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup pasta (marinara) sauce
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 medium zucchini Shredded
- Preheat oven 375°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add tomato paste, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, onion powder Italian seasoning, ground pepper, and chili powder to a large bowl. Stir until smooth. Stir in ground turkey and zucchini until completely combined.
- Scoop equal portions (about 1/4 cup each) into each muffin cavity. Make an indentation with the back of a spoon and add about 1 teaspoon pasta sauce and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese in the indentation.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through. (A thermometer should register 180°F if checked in the turkey part of each meatloaf.)
- Cool slightly before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days or freeze for up to one month.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
This looks awesome but looks like you left out the zucchini, how much and shredded? Thank you!
Very easy to make and delicious. Family favorite!
Zucchini is not listed as an ingredient. How much should be added?