We love Turkey Meatloaf Muffins! If you are looking for an easy 30-minute meal for your next dinner, this is it! It’s our favorite meatloaf made into mini meatloaf muffins! These ground turkey muffins make dinner a joy!
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
These Mini Turkey Meatloaf Muffins are so easy to make and are great for a weeknight dinner because they bake up fast! This is such a quick and simple savory recipe. These are perfect for kids served with a side of potatoes, and you can freeze the leftovers!
This recipe uses shredded zucchini to not only add flavor and vegetables, but to add the moistness that you might miss in a normal ground turkey recipe. Add some pasta sauce and lots of seasoning and you’ll satisfy the entire family.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This recipe for turkey meatloaf muffins is so tasty, you can even enjoy them meatloaf muffins cold!
- I absolutely love that this recipe starts with ground turkey because we try to limit how much red meat we eat. Of course, you can substitute ground beef if you prefer, but you’ll never know if it uses turkey.
- These are the perfect muffins for any quick meal, whether it be lunch or dinner. I love making a dozen ground turkey cupcakes for dinner on a Monday night and then heating up the leftovers for lunch or making meatloaf subs the next day. You can even freeze them!
- Egg: a large egg is best to use for this recipe
- Breadcrumbs: Italian style are what we use, but plain is fine too.
- Parmesan cheese: I’m using grated parmesan cheese
- Seasonings: I love adding Garlic powder, Onion powder, Italian seasoning and Chili powder, as well as salt and pepper.
- Ground pepper: use as much as you like
- Ground turkey: you can also use ground beef if you’d like
- Pasta Sauce: you can use a store-bought sauce but homemade tastes so much better. Plus, it’s easy to make!
- Zucchini: Shredded, you can leave the skins on.
How to make ground Turkey Meatloaf Muffins:
- Start with ground turkey – I love using 93/7.
- This recipe calls for Italian breadcrumbs instead of oatmeal. I prefer the texture.
- You can also use shredded squash instead of zucchini.
- Use your favorite pasta sauce, homemade or jarred. I prefer the homemade pasta sauce over store-bought ones.
- Change up the flavors by using different combinations of sauce and cheese, like salsa with jack cheese or BBQ Sauce with cheddar cheese.
- Use an instant read thermometer or a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the meatloaf for doneness.
- Let the muffins cool completely and then you can freeze them in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Since this meatloaf is made with ground turkey, it is done when the center registers 180°F on an instant read thermometer.
Refrigerate leftovers for up to 2 days. You can also make the muffins ahead of time up to 24 hours and store in refrigerator before baking.
Mini Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup pasta (marinara) sauce
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 medium zucchini Shredded
- Preheat oven 375°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add tomato paste, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, onion powder Italian seasoning, ground pepper, and chili powder to a large bowl. Stir until smooth. Stir in ground turkey and zucchini until completely combined.
- Scoop equal portions (about 1/4 cup each) into each muffin cavity. Make an indentation with the back of a spoon and add about 1 teaspoon pasta sauce and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese in the indentation.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through. (A thermometer should register 180°F if checked in the turkey part of each meatloaf.)
- Cool slightly before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days or freeze for up to one month.