Juicy Ground Turkey Sliders topped with a bacon avocado spread are great for dinner or as a party snack. They’re served on sweet Hawaiian rolls and one of our favorite easy slider recipes.
We love to make easy slider recipes with Hawaiian rolls because they are the perfect size for a mini burger. Plus, the sweet flavor of the rolls is excellent and pairs great with savory sliders.
This ground turkey sliders recipe is always a favorite. It pairs lean ground turkey with avocado and bacon for a delicious slider. They’re great for dinner with some fries or salad on the side, or you can make them for game day or parties.
The avocado spread is like guacamole, but the creamy mashed avocado is mixed with crumbled bacon, lemon juice, onions, and hot sauce for a different flavor. It’s the best cool and creamy spread for the warm ground turkey sliders.
Table of Contents
Ground Turkey Sliders Ingredients
- Ground turkey
- Sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook and chopped bacon
- Sliced Hawaiian rolls
- Chopped onion
- Lemon juice
- Peeled and pitted avocados
- Garlic powder
- Hot sauce
- Salt and black pepper
How to Make Sliders with Ground Turkey
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat it over medium heat. Add the onions to the pan and cook them, stirring often, until they are soft. Take them out of the pan and set them aside.
Place the avocados in a large bowl and mash them with a fork until smooth. Add the crumbled bacon, lemon juice, garlic powder, and hot sauce. Stir well to combine.
Season the ground turkey with garlic powder. Divide the meat into eight parts and form each into a patty (they should fit the rolls).
Place the patties in the same pan that you cooked the onions. Cook them over medium heat for three to four minutes. Turn them and cook them on the other side for three to four minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
Top the ground turkey burger sliders with a slice of cheese and let them melt. Once the cheese is melted, transfer the burgers to the rolls. Top each burger with some avocado spread and top with the top bun.
Meat: We like lean turkey, but you can use ground beef or even ground chicken for this recipe.
Avocado Spread: Feel free to use cooked turkey bacon instead of pork bacon. You can also swap the hot sauce for your favorite salsa for a different flavor.
Cheese: Try sliced cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, or Havarti cheese instead of the Monterey Jack cheese.
Regular Burgers: You can also make large patties to make regular-sized turkey burgers. You should get four burgers if you make bigger ones. The combination of flavors in these ground turkey sliders on Hawaiian rolls is so good. The avocado spread adds lots of fresh flavors, and the burgers are juicy and tender.
Other Sandwich Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Ground Turkey Sliders Recipe
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 8 slices Monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- 8 Hawaiian rolls cut in half to create the top and bottom of the buns
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 avocados
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce we used Tapatio
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat cooking spray in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft. Set aside
- In a large bowl add avocado and mash it until smooth. Add cooked bacon, lemon juice, onion, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and hot sauce. Combine well.
- Season ground turkey with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Portion out 8 patties the size of the Hawaiian rolls. You may have some left over ground turkey to make additional patties. Cook patties over medium heat in a large skillet. 6-8 minutes, flipping over halfway through. Add cheese on top during the last minute or 2 and cover so the cheese will melt. Internal temperature should be 165° F
- Add patties to the bottom of the bun, top with the avocado mix. Serve.
These juicy, delicious Ground Turkey Sliders are great for dinner with some fries or salad on the side, or you can make them for game day or parties. Give them a try soon – I hope you enjoy them!