Pizza sliders with pepperoni, sausage, cheese, and sauce on sweet Hawaiian rolls are a fun appetizer for parties or easy dinner for weeknights. Once you know how to make baked sliders, it's really easy to switch up the ingredients to make various pizza sliders with different flavors.
Hawaiian roll pizza sliders are really fun to make and something we like to make when we're craving pizza. You get all the same flavors but served up as a small sandwich slider instead.
Our favorite way to make them is with King's Hawaiian rolls. The rolls are soft, a little sweet, and easy to slice and layer with all the ingredients.
What is great about this recipe is that you can easily switch it up using your favorite pizza toppings. We love pepperoni, sausage, and cheese, but there are a lot of other variations, which I'll share at the end of the post.
If you're looking for easy appetizer recipes or a fun dinner idea, you should definitely give these sliders a try.
Hawaiian Roll Pizza Sliders Ingredients
- Cooking spray
- Hawaiian rolls
- Pizza sauce
- Sliced pepperoni
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Cooked ground Italian sausage
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Melted butter
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
How to Make Pizza Sliders
Lightly coat a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray. Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half crosswise, so you have two pieces. Place the bottom piece in the baking dish.
Spoon the pizza sauce over the top of the bottom piece in the dish. Layer the pepperoni on top of the sauce, followed by the cooked sausage. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and then place the top roll piece on top of the cheese.
Combine the melted butter with oregano, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Brush the butter mixture on top of the rolls.
Cover the baking dish with foil and bake the sliders for 18 to 20 minutes at 375°F. Remove the foil and bake them for three to five minutes more.
Slice into sandwiches and serve them hot.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions
To make things easy, you can assemble the sliders a day in advance and then cover and keep them in the refrigerator. Wait to bake them until you are ready to serve them – they are best hot from the oven.
We like to use our panini maker to make mini pizza paninis, too. Assemble the sandwiches as instructed, but cook them in your panini maker instead of baking them.
Feel free to experiment with the ingredients. Here are some variations you might like to try:
- Three cheese pizza sliders: use pizza sauce, grated mozzarella, Parmesan, and provolone cheese.
- Pepperoni and cheese: skip the sausage and add an extra layer of pepperoni and cheese with sauce.
- Supreme: layer sausage, pepperoni, black olives, green peppers, cheese, and sauce on the rolls.
- Meat lovers: add pepperoni, salami, sausage, and some cooked bacon crumbles with cheese and sauce.
- Sausage mushrooms: layer cooked sausage and mushrooms with sauce and cheese.
Whichever toppings you try, I know you're going to love this pizza sliders recipe. They are so delicious hot from the oven with the melted cheese oozing out. Give them a try this week!
Other Sandwich Recipes You'll Love
Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Sliders Recipe
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 6 ounce package pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- ½ pound ground Italian salami cooked
- ½ parmesan cheese grated
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Cut Hawaiian rolls in half and place the bottoms in the baking dish. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add pizza sauce to the bottoms of the rolls followed by 3-4 slices of pepperoni. Add sausage on top of pepperoni and then cover with cheese. Place the top portion of the rolls on top.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter, oregano, garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Brush the mixture over the top of the rolls. Cover with Aluminum foil and cook for 18-20 minutes. Remove foil and cook another 3-5 minutes. Serve!
- We made our sliders with Pepperoni and Sausage, but you can use anything you like. Cheese only, Sausage and Mushroom, Just Pepperoni. Really just add your favorite toppings.
- You can make these ahead of time and just reheat them before serving. They are best served hot.
- If you have a panini maker, you can make mini pizza panini’s.
With these pepperoni and sausage pizza sliders, you get all the same flavors of your favorite pizza but they are served as small sandwiches instead.