Skip the delivery and make this easy BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe instead! You only need five ingredients, and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. The tangy sauce is combined with shredded chicken, onion, and cheese – make it for your next pizza night!
For a quick and easy dinner, you can’t beat this barbecue chicken pizza! Yes, delivery is convenient but can get expensive – when you make your pizza, you can definitely save money, and it’s ready in about the time it would take to have it delivered.
This BBQ and chicken pizza is one of our favorite easy pizzas. You don’t have to make your pizza dough, and it’s a great way to use up leftover shredded chicken or use a rotisserie chicken.
With just five ingredients, it’s super simple. When it’s hot out of the oven, it’s super delicious!
What goes on a BBQ Chicken Pizza?
- Refrigerated pizza dough – I use canned pizza dough, but you can use homemade or any prepared dough that you like.
- BBQ sauce – Choose your favorite brand!
- Shredded rotisserie chicken – or use leftover shredded chicken or even turkey.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Thinly sliced red onions
How to Make BBQ Chicken Pizza
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine the shredded chicken with half of the barbecue sauce in a mixing bowl.
Unroll the pizza dough on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the rest of the BBQ sauce over the top. Leave a small border for the crust.
Sprinkle some cheese over the sauce and top it with the chicken mixture. Add the onions, and then sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top.
Bake the pizza at 400°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.
You don’t have to use all of the BBQ sauce on your pizza – you can make it as saucy as you like.
I like mozzarella cheese on pizza because it melts so well, but sometimes I substitute half of it with cheddar cheese to change the flavor.
If you don’t like onions feel free to leave them off.
With so many different BBQ sauces, it’s fun to try different types on your barbecue chicken pizza. You can use spicy or mild BBQ sauce or one that is sweeter or tangier.
You can also add a dipping sauce for dipping the crusts. We like ranch dressing or serve some extra BBQ sauce on the side for dipping.
If you have leftover pizza, store it in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge. It will keep for several days and can be enjoyed cold or reheated.
What to Serve with BBQ Pizza
- Add some cheesy garlic breadsticks on the side.
- Serve your pizza with a simple house salad or Greek salad.
- Make a Caesar salad and leave off the chicken.
- Add some air fryer mozzarella sticks to go with it.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 13.8 ounce can pizza dough
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- I small rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- After shredding the chicken, combine with half the barbecue sauce. Unroll the pizza dough on the parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Evenly spread the rest of the barbecue sauce on the pizza dough leaving a small border around the dough.
- Add a small layer of cheese, followed by a layer of chicken followed by a layer of onion and then add the rest of the cheese on top.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the dough is a golden brown.
• Feel free to use your favorite cheese
Ready to plan your next pizza night? This BBQ chicken pizza is a great choice! You will love the flavor and how easy it is to make. Enjoy!
Mel is an IT guy turned blogger and is discovering his love of cooking and photography. If you ever have Fantasy Football questions, he's your guy.