Greek Salad is a fresh and flavorful salad loaded with protein to keep you full and satisfied! Chicken, vegetables, quinoa, garbanzo beans and olives all tossed together with a tangy Greek dressing. It’s perfect as a light and healthy dinner or make it ahead for easy lunches during the week.
If I’m going to have a salad for a meal it needs to be an amazing one that is filling, satisfying and full of flavor. This Greek salad recipe definitely checks all of those boxes!
- It’s loaded with protein from chicken, quinoa and garbanzo beans
- It’s veggie-packed with lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, and carrots
- It has all of the wonderful Greek flavors from kalamata olives and Greek Dressing
- It’s actually fills you up instead of leaving you hungry again after an hour
I hate sad salads and this bright and healthy Greek salad is anything but. It’s my favorite thing to make for lunch or dinner when I want something light and healthy.
It’s easy enough to toss together at the last minute or you can make it ahead for meal prep. Either way, you’re going to want to try it!
Table of Contents
Greek Salad Ingredients
When I first made this salad, I wondered what is in a Greek salad because I’d seen so many different recipes with all kinds of different ingredients. There are tons of variations, but it usually has ingredients like cucumber, tomatoes, olives and onion with a tangy dressing.
My version has a combination of ingredients that really amps up the protein while keeping the fresh and bright flavors that are common in Greek-style dishes. I think you’re going to love it. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Romaine lettuce
- Diced red bell pepper
- Sliced grape tomatoes
- Sliced red onion
- Diced English cucumber
- Shredded carrots
- Garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- Sliced kalamata olives
- Cooked quinoa
- Diced cooked chicken
- Prepared Greek dressing
For this recipe, you will need cooked chicken. Sometimes I use leftover grilled chicken or baked chicken. You can also use shredded rotisserie chicken.
For the quinoa, I like to cook a batch ahead of time so it’s easy to just add it to the salad. Or, you can make a small amount for the salad when you assemble it – I’ve included instructions in the recipe card.
How to Make Greek Salad for Meal Prep
If you want to serve the salad right away all you have to do is toss all of the ingredients together in a bowl and it’s ready. If you prep this recipe ahead the ingredients will keep well for a few days in the refrigerator but there are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind.
You can prep all of the ingredients ahead of time and keep them in separate containers. When it’s time to eat just assemble the salad and serve.
You can also layer the ingredients in bowls or jars, but how you layer them makes a difference. You don’t want your salad to be soggy when it’s time to eat.
- Put the dressing at the bottom to start. That way it won’t get absorbed by the other ingredients.
- Next, layer the heartier ingredients at the bottom so start with the beans and chicken at the bottom of your bowl or jar.
- Top that layer with the quinoa, bell peppers, onions, cucumber, olives, and carrots.
- End with the lettuce on top – it will stay crisp and won’t get soggy.
This Greek Salad is one of my favorite low-fat and low-calorie recipes because I don’t feel deprived at all when I have it! If you’ve been craving something healthy you should definitely give it a try. The flavors are so delicious!
Other Salads You’ll Enjoy
Easy Greek Salad Recipe
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced optional
- 1/4 red onion sliced thin
- 1 cup about 1/2 English Cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives sliced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 8 ounces cooked chicken diced
- 1/2 cup prepared Greek dressing or to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. About 1/2 cup dry makes approximately the amount you need for this recipe.
- Toss all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Add dressing to taste and toss to coat.
- Store undressed leftovers in refrigerator for up to 2 days. This recipe is also great for meal planning.
This Greek Salad is fresh, flavorful and loaded with protein! Chicken, vegetables, quinoa, garbanzo beans and olives all tossed together in a tangy Greek dressing – you will love it!
Looks so good
Made the Greek Salad last night. Delicious!!! Easy to make and so pretty. Made enough so we can have it again tonight. Thanks Mel