This Strawberry Salad Recipe is an instant summer favorite!
There is nothing better than using some of the glorious summer bounty in a fresh and delicious salad. It makes a healthy and delicious lunch as well as a light dinner that’s totally satisfying!
What is this Strawberry Salad?
I started with a bed of tender mixed baby greens, which you can often find pre-washed for convenience (my motto is work smarter, not harder). Grilled chicken is a tasty addition that provides the protein in this Strawberry Salad and helps make it into a satisfying meal. It’s also an excellent way to use leftover chicken.
My favorite unexpected addition is the shredded White Cheddar cheese. Typically, you’d expect to see Feta cheese or even Crumbly Blue. I love both of those options but the White Cheddar adds just the right about of unexpected zing, which makes it delicious and interesting to eat.
Not you can’t have a strawberry salad without plenty of fresh strawberries, so naturally those were a welcome addition. I also felt that some dried cherries would add some welcome sweetness and sunflower seeds provide a satisfying crunch to round it all out.
But what I think really pulls it all together is the fresh strawberry vinaigrette. It’s bursting with so much fruity flavor that you won’t believe that it only takes mere minutes to whip up! It would be a killer addition to any salad, but it really sings in this strawberry chicken salad!
This salad is also pretty similar to my Summer Berry and Burrata Salad.
Common questions for making this Strawberry Salad Recipe:
- Can this be made ahead? Absolutely! This is a great make ahead option if you’re looking to make a meal prep for the week. It stores beautifully in an air-tight container. The only thing I’d caution you on would be to keep the dressing on the side until just before serving to prevent the ingredients from getting soggy.
- Do I have to add chicken? No- this would still be totally tasty with a different protein or without the protein in general.
- Could I make this for a crowd? Definitely. It would be a delicious light brunch option or and awesome starter or side dish. This recipe is to make two lunch-size salads, but you could easily double or triple the amounts.
- What if I want to use a different berry? No problem! I encourage you to use whatever is you favorite or is looking the freshest at the market! In general, all of these ingredients are interchangeable and I’d love to hear all about how you mix things up to your unique tastes!
Strawberry Salad RecipePrint
Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups mixed baby greens,
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup mild white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 Tablespoons dried cherries,
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds,
Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl
Whisk well until fully combined and set aside (you will likely have to whisk it once more before dressing the salad as it may separate).
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Give the vinaigrette a quick whisk and drizzle over the salad.
Toss until everything is mixed together and lightly coated in the dressing.
Divide the salad between two large bowls and serve immediately.
You an easily make this ahead and store in the refrigerator for up to a week in an air tight container. Be sure to store the dressing in a separate container and dress the salad just before serving.
Some of my other favorite salads include:
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Jessy is the gal behind The Life Jolie blog, where you’ll find simple family recipes and anecdotes about parenting and travel. she and her husband Justin also own Morninglory Digital Media which specializes in food video. Jessy is the mother to little two girls and a dog and resides in Rochester, NY.