This strawberry chicken salad is just as easy as it is refreshing. Packed with protein and dynamic flavor, this is the healthy lunch that you’ll want to come back to again and again.
Table of Contents
Easy Strawberry and Chicken Salad
As the weather warms up and spring rolls in, nothing tastes better than an easy strawberry and chicken salad.
In my opinion, a delicious salad should not only be fresh and simple; it should also be packed with diverse textures and flavors that make each bite more interesting than the last. There’s really nothing worse than a salad that lacks intrigue. It might sound silly, but really – after the third bite of a salad that’s all greens and croutons, I’d rather just stop.
Luckily, you won’t find that problem here. This recipe brings savory, sweet, and sour flavors together and marries them with juicy, crunchy, oily textures to make for the healthy lunch you’ll find yourself gravitating toward over and over again. With nutty sunflower seeds, sweet yet tart dried cherries, tangy balsamic vinaigrette, hearty chicken breast, and succulent strawberries, each bite is a unique, refreshing experience.
- Strawberries – fresh, diced
- White balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil – extra virgin
- Kosher salt
- Ground pepper – fresh
- Mixed baby greens
- Chicken breasts – sliced
- Strawberries – fresh, sliced
- Mild white cheddar cheese – shredded
- Sunflower seeds – unsalted
How to Make Strawberry Chicken Salad
- Make vinaigrette: In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Whisk well and set aside.
- Combine salad ingredients: In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- Drizzle: Whisk your vinaigrette once again and drizzle it over the salad.
- Toss: Toss the salad with the vinaigrette until all ingredients are well mixed and lightly coated in dressing.
- Divide: Separate the salad into two bowls and serve.
- This recipe is super easy to make ahead! Just be sure to store the dressing and salad in separate airtight containers and store it in the fridge. Toss the salad in the dressing just before serving.
- This salad is a great option for large groups. While this recipe is intended for two servings, you can easily double, triple, quadruple, etc. this recipe in order for it to serve a larger group.
Undressed salad will last in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.
Any balsamic vinaigrette will do well in this salad, just be sure to add your salt, pepper, and strawberries.
Strawberry Salad Recipe
Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups mixed baby greens,
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup mild white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 Tablespoons dried cherries,
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds,
Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl
- Whisk well until fully combined and set aside (you will likely have to whisk it once more before dressing the salad as it may separate).
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Give the vinaigrette a quick whisk and drizzle over the salad.
- Toss until everything is mixed together and lightly coated in the dressing.
- Divide the salad between two large bowls and serve immediately.