Homemade Pizza Rolls made with crescent roll dough, sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. This easy appetizer or snack can be customized with your favorite pizza toppings and is excellent for parties, game days, holidays, or any time you’re craving pizza flavors.
I’ve had those frozen pizza rolls before, and while I know they’re convenient, it’s so much better to make your own. Plus, it’s easy with just six ingredients, and you don’t even have to make homemade pizza dough.
I use refrigerated crescent roll dough to make this pizza rolls recipe. I like to make pizza recipes using crescent rolls because it’s easy, and the dough bakes up soft. Add some pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese, and you get delicious hot and flaky rolls that are the perfect pizza appetizer or snack.
- Crescent roll dough
- Pizza sauce
- Mini pepperoni slices
- Italian seasoning
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Grated cheddar cheese
How to Make Pizza Rolls
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375°F.
Unroll the dough on your work surface or cutting board. Pinch the perforations together, so you have one large piece of dough.
Spread the pizza sauce over the dough and leave about a ¼” border around the edge of the dough.
Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over the top of the sauce, followed by the Italian seasoning and pepperoni slices. Top the pepperoni with the rest of the mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
Starting at one long end of the dough, roll the dough into itself like a jelly roll. Once you’ve rolled it up, pinch the dough at the ends of the roll to seal in the filling.
Bake the pizza roll for 15 to 20 minutes or until the dough is browned and fully cooked. Transfer the roll to a cutting board and slice it into 1 to 1 ½” pieces. Serve the pizza rolls hot.
Yes, but you may need to adjust the amount of ingredients for the filling depending on how big your pizza dough is. Also, you will need to roll it out to the same thickness as the prepared crescent roll dough.
We like pizza sauce because it’s thicker. You use spaghetti sauce or marinara. You could also use alfredo sauce to make white pizza rolls to change the flavor.
We love sliced pepperoni in ours. Mini pepperoni works great, or you can use regular sliced pepperoni and cut the slices into quarters.
If you don’t like pepperoni, you can use ¼ cup of your favorite pizza topping. Cooked and crumbled sausage, Canadian bacon, cooked bacon, or veggies like mushrooms, bell peppers, or olives would work well, too. Just stick to ¼ cup – if you add too many toppings, your pizza rolls won’t hold together.
You can also change the cheese and use your favorite. Shredded provolone, Parmesan, or Italian cheese blend would work well. I don’t recommend using fresh mozzarella cheese as it releases too much moisture and will make your rolls soggy.
Yes, these pizza rolls are great for dipping! Serve them with warm marinara sauce, garlic butter, or cold and creamy ranch dressing.
his pizza roll recipe is so easy and always a favorite snack at our house. Give it a try, and let me know what pizza toppings you like in yours. I would love to know – Enjoy!
More Pizza Inspired Dishes You'll Enjoy
Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 1 8- ounce can crescent roll dough
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup pepperoni minis or more if you want
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large cooking sheet with parchment paper
- On a large cutting board roll out the crescent roll dough. Pinch the perforations to try and make a single sheet of dough.
- Spread an even layer of pizza sauce on the dough leaving about a ¼ inch buffer around the dough. Add half of the mozzarella cheese in an even layer. Add Italian seasoning next followed by pepperoni. Then add the remaining mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Slowly start rolling the dough from the long side. Once fully rolled you want to pinch the dough well to make sure it is sealed.
- Place on the cookie sheet and place in the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until dough is browed and baked through. Carefully put the pizza roll on the cutting board and cut into slices about 1” to 1-1/2 inches wide. Serve.
Pizza Rolls can be easily customized with your favorite pizza toppings. These are the perfect dish for parties, appetizers or snacks!
Mel is an IT guy turned blogger and is discovering his love of cooking and photography. If you ever have Fantasy Football questions, he's your guy.