This Crockpot Pizza Dip is an easy appetizer or snack that's great for parties, game-day, or holidays. Italian sausage simmers in a homemade pizza sauce before it's topped with cheese and olives, just like a classic pizza. Add your favorite crackers or other dippers, and it will be a hit.
This easy crockpot pizza dip has all of your favorite pizza flavors served up as an easy hot dip. This is a great recipe if you want an easy appetizer. Just brown the sausage, combine it with the pizza dipping sauce, and let it all simmer for a few hours in the crockpot.
This pizza dip recipe for the crockpot is inspired by a classic sausage pizza complete with two types of cheese and olives for toppings. I like to serve it with crackers, but you can add your favorite dippers to go with it. Be sure to check out our suggestions later in the post.
- Cooking spray
- Ground Italian sausage
- Canned crushed tomatoes
- Chopped green pepper
- Tomato paste
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced black olives
How to Make Pizza Dip
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat it over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook it until it's no longer pink.
Drain off the excess fat and then transfer the cooked sausage to the crockpot. Add the tomatoes, peppers, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
Place the lid on the crockpot and cook the dip on low for two to three hours. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top it with the Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, and the sliced olives for serving.
What to Serve with Pizza Dip
Here are some dipper ideas to serve with this crockpot pizza dip:
- Toasted bread
- Vegetable sticks like carrot and celery sticks
- Crunchy breadsticks
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced pita or crunchy pita chips
You can cook the sausage a day in advance, keep it in the refrigerator and then assemble and cook the dip the next day.
Try using hot Italian sausage for a spicier flavor. For a mild version, use mild sausage and omit the red pepper flakes.
For a different flavor, try swapping the cheddar cheese for mozzarella or provolone cheese.
If you want to add pepperoni to your pizza dip, I recommend chopping some up and stirring it into the dip just before you put it in the serving bowl. Then add your cheese and other toppings.
Leftover pizza dip will keep in the refrigerator for two to three days. This is the perfect warm dip to serve alongside other favorite appetizers like chicken wings, potato skins, and nachos for your game-day parties or holiday celebrations. Enjoy!
Crockpot Pizza Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup black olives sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crackers for serving
- Cooking spray
- Heat cooking spray in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Sausage, break into small pieces and cook until no longer pink (4-7 minutes). Drain and add to the crockpot.
- Set the cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, olives and crackers to the side. Add all other ingredients to the crockpot and combine well. Cook on low for 2-3 hours. Once heated through it is ready. Serve with crackers, cheese and olives for toppers and dipping.
This easy Crockpot Pizza Dip has all your favorite pizza flavors but served with a twist. This is a great recipe for the crockpot if you’re wanting an easy appetizer.
Mel is an IT guy turned blogger and is discovering his love of cooking and photography. If you ever have Fantasy Football questions, he's your guy.