This pizza panini is simple dish with loads of flavor. This easy recipe will give you the satisfaction of pizza in a delicious panini package! You only need a few ingredients to make a pizza panini, and it’s incredibly easy too. Step onto the pizza train for a delicious, warm, pizza panini!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This pizza panini is a meat lovers pizza in an easy-to-eat panini form! If you’re the type that doesn’t eat the crust, good news! Pizza Paninis don’t have a crust. You can be sure that the entire sandwich will be covered in sauce and toppings!
- A panini takes a fraction of the amount of time of an actual pizza, and there is no dough involved!
- You can experiment with different types of bread, fresh Cuban, or french bread makes for a delicious pizza panini!
- Bread- You can use any bread you like, I used thick-cut sandwich bread. I also enjoy using Cuban and ciabatta bread when making paninis.
- Pizza sauce- Any store-bought pizza sauce will work.
- Pepperoni- Pre-sliced pepperoni works fine.
- Ground sausage- Pre-cook the sausage before making the panini.
- Mozzarella cheese- The cheese should be shredded, you can buy pre-shredded or shred the cheese yourself.
- Non-stick cooking spray
How to make an easy Pizza Panini
- Pre-heat- Heat your panini press to medium heat.
- Prepare the panini- Take one slice of bread and put an even layer of pizza sauce on one side. Then, add a layer of cheese followed by pepperoni and sausage. Top with another layer of cheese and put the second slice of bread on top. Repeat with the other slices of bread.
- Press the panini- Spray the outside of the bread with cooking spray. And place in the panini press. You can generally cook two paninis at the same time just depending on the size of your panini press. Press for 3-5 minutes until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Serve the pizza panini hot!
Don’t overfill the sandwich more than the bread can handle. Remember the sandwich is going to be squeezed between two hot plates in the press. You don’t want globs of cheese or other ingredients spilling out into the panini press, this will burn on the element of the press and create a mess. When putting ingredients on the bread use your best judgement.
Get creative and try your favorite pizza toppings.
Make sure you evenly spray the outside of the bread with cooking spray before you put the panini on the press. This will make the difference between an easy and delicious panini or a burnt panini that will stick to the press.
Other fun Pizza recipes
Easy Pizza Panini
- 12 slices bread. You can use any bread you like. We used a thick cut sandwich bread
- 6-8 ounces pizza sauce. Any store-bought sauce will work
- 6- ounce package of sliced pepperoni. You may not use the whole package
- 1 pound ground sausage cooked
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Cooking spray
- Heat Panini press to medium heat
- Take two slices of bread. Put an even layer of pizza sauce on one slice of bread. Add a small layer of cheese followed by pepperoni and then sausage. Top with another layer of cheese. Put the second slice of bread on top. Repeat with the other slices of bread.
- Spray the bread with cooking spray. You can usually cook two paninis at the same time. Cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Serve hot!!
This Panini is just another creative way to enjoy your favorite pizza flavors!!