Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are seasoned with a brown sugar spice rub and air fried until juicy and tender. This is an easy dinner for weeknights – just add your favorite side dish for a delicious and satisfying dinner.
Juicy chicken thighs are really easy to make and cook in your air fryer. The prep work is so easy – there’s no chopping, just mix up the spice rub, season the chicken with it, and then cook them in the air fryer. The whole dish is ready in about 20 minutes!
I love chicken thighs because they’re juicier and have more flavor than chicken breasts. They’re also harder to overcook because they have a little more fat. So, you don’t have to worry about dry, flavorless meat. It comes out perfect every time.
We love this air fryer chicken thighs recipe with a rice dish and salad on the side. It’s such an easy meal and great for weeknight dinners.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and then brush the tops with olive oil. Combine the brown sugar, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the chicken, coating both sides. Place the thighs in a single layer in the air fryer.
Heat the air fryer to 400°F and cook the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes. How long to cook chicken thighs in the air fryer will depend on how big they are. Use a meat thermometer to measure the internal temperature. It should be 165°F.
I like to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs, but you can use skin-on ones if you want crispy skin. Just be sure to cook the thighs long enough so they are cooked through and the skin is crisp.
How long you air fry chicken thighs will depend on the size. Usually, 15 to 20 minutes at 400°F is long enough, but be sure to check on them early, so they don’t overcook.
Any leftover chicken will keep in the refrigerator for three to four days.
Side Dish Ideas
This chicken thighs air fryer recipe pairs well with all kinds of side dishes. Here are a few we like to make:
- Lemon Garlic Zoodles are quick, easy, and healthy.
- Roasted Green Beans are so delicious.
- You can also use the air fryer to cook some Asparagus.
- Pair them with some Spanish Rice.
- Roasted Potatoes are always good, too.
We love easy air fryer recipes, and these chicken thighs are always in the dinner rotation at our house. Give them a try, and I know you’ll like them, too. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. Brush tops with olive oil.
- Next, in a small bowl combine brown sugar, paprika, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Divide spice mixture evenly and sprinkle the top on bottoms of each chicken thigh.
- In a single layer, place thighs in your airfryer.
- Set your air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 15- 20 mins. Chicken is done when the internal temp has reached at least 165℉.
- Serve with a side salad and your favorite rice!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are an easy dinner perfect for busy weeknights, just add your favorite side dish or salad!
Mel is an IT guy turned blogger and is discovering his love of cooking and photography. If you ever have Fantasy Football questions, he's your guy.