This easy recipe combines two favorite dishes in one – quesadillas and pizza! Pepperoni Pizza Quesadilla is filled with pizza sauce, melted cheese, and pepperoni for a great snack, appetizer, or dinner.
Pepperoni pizza quesadilla is a great way to satisfy a craving for pizza and quesadillas all in one easy-to-make recipe.
Two kinds of melted cheese, sauce, and pepperoni layered between tortillas and then cooked until crispy. This is a fun snack for game day or parties, or make them for dinner with a Caesar salad on the side.
If you love the flavors in a pepperoni pizza, you will want to try this recipe. I’m showing you how to make a pizza quesadilla that turns out crispy and hot with the perfect amount of melted cheese.
- Cooking spray
- Flour tortillas
- Sliced pepperoni
- Pizza sauce
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Dried oregano
How to Make a Pizza Quesadilla
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat it over medium heat. While the pan heats, start assembling the quesadillas.
Place two tortillas on a cutting board. Spread pizza sauce on both so it coats most of the tortillas with a space around the edge.
Top the sauce with cheddar cheese, and then lay the pepperoni slices on top. Finally, sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese over the pepperonis.
Top each with another tortilla, so you have two quesadillas.
Cook them separately in the pan. Place one in the hot pan and cook it for three to four minutes on one side. Turn it, sprinkle more cheese over the top, and cover the pan until the cheese has melted. Repeat this process with the other quesadilla.
To serve, slice each pepperoni pizza quesadilla into quarters and serve them plain or with a dipping sauce like marinara.
Other Ways to Make Them
Once you’ve tried this pepperoni pizza quesadilla recipe, you can try other pizza toppings you like.
- Use sauteed mushrooms, cheese, and sauce.
- Crumbled cooked Italian sausage, pizza sauce, a few sliced green bell peppers, and cheese is a great combination, too.
- Or try a Margherita pizza quesadilla with a few chopped fresh tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
Tips for the Best Pizza Quesadilla
Use 8-inch flour tortillas for this recipe. They are big but not so big it’s hard to flip them over while cooking.
To make flipping them more manageable, we use a spatula and a small pan lid to get under the quesadilla and flip them over without all the filling falling out.
Don’t overload the tortillas with too many fillings of cheese. It’s tempting to load up more on the cheese, but adding more will make it hard to flip them over. Also, the cheese may not completely melt by the time the outside of the tortilla is browned and crispy.
Leftover quesadillas will keep in the refrigerator for a few days, but they’re never as good as when they’re first made. The tortillas will soften once chilled and won’t be crispy when you reheat them. Melty cheese, pepperoni, and sauce are just like a favorite pizza but easier to make with tortillas, and you get that crispy tortilla. So, give them a try and enjoy!
Other Fun Recipes To Try
Pepperoni Pizza Quesadilla Recipe
- 4 8 ” flour tortillas
- 1 6- ounce package of pepperoni
- 1 cup of pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Cooking spray
- Heat cooking spray in large skillet over medium heat. Put 2 tortillas on a cutting board. Add pizza sauce to both and spread it so that it covers all of the tortilla except a small portion at the edge. Add a third of the cheddar cheese on the sauce. Place a layer of pepperoni on top of the cheese (it is about 15 pepperonis). They can overlap a little bit. Cover the whole sauce area. Add ½ mozzarella cheese on each tortilla covering the pepperoni. Cover the pepperoni and cheese filling with the other two tortillas. You now should have two quesadillas ready to cook.
- Cook one quesadilla at a time. You will cook in the skillet for about 3-4 minutes per side. You just want to heat up the quesadilla and make sure the cheese is melted. Flip halfway through carefully. We used a spatula and a small pan lid to flip the without losing some contents of the quesadilla. Once flipped, sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on the top and cover until melted. Let sit for a few minutes for the cheese to set. Repeat with the second quesadilla and cut them into 4 wedges each. Serve!
If you love the flavors of a pepperoni pizza and the texture of a quesadilla, you have to try these Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas! This is an all in one, easy-to-make recipe.
Mel is an IT guy turned blogger and is discovering his love of cooking and photography. If you ever have Fantasy Football questions, he's your guy.