A homemade Crunchwrap Supreme with all the fillings including seasoned ground beef and cheese topped off with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream. Learn how to make it and fold it just like one you get at a fast-food restaurant.
Have you ever had a Taco Bell crunchwrap supreme? It’s like a burrito and crunchy taco combined into one delicious meal! Well, you don’t have to hit the drive-through to get one now because I’m showing you how to make a crunchwrap supreme at home.
What is a Crunchwrap Supreme?
It’s a popular fast-food item at Taco Bell that is a flour tortilla and crunchy tostada wrapped up together with a seasoned ground beef filling and cheese sauce. What makes it a “supreme” are additional fillings like lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream.
This copycat crunchwrap is very similar to the original and is a fun treat for dinner. The best part is that you don’t have to leave the house to get one.
Crunchwrap Recipe Ingredients
- Ground beef
- Burrito-sized flour tortillas
- Tostado shells
- Taco seasoning
- Diced Roma tomato
- Jarred cheese sauce
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- Cooking spray
How to Make a Crunchwrap Supreme
Brown the beef over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the taco seasoning plus the amount of water listed on the package. Stir and bring the liquid to a boil and then lower the heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer the beef for a few minutes so it can thicken.
Warm the cheese sauce in the microwave.
Place one tortilla on a cutting board or other work surface. Place the cooked taco meat in the center of the tortilla. Form it into a circle the same size as the tostada.
Top the beef with the cheese sauce and then place the tostada shell on top. Top the tostada with shredded lettuce, diced tomato and some sour cream.
How to Fold It
- Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla to the middle.
- Next, fold the top down to meet the bottom edge in the middle.
- Fold both sides to the middle so the filling is completely covered.
How to Cook It
There are a couple of ways to cook your crunchwrap either on the stove or, if you have one, a panini press.
- On the stove: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Place the crunchwrap seam side down in the skillet and cook it for two to three minutes or until it’s golden brown. Carefully turn it over and brown it on the other side for two to three minutes.
- In a panini maker: Spray the inside with cooking spray. Place the crunchwrap on it and close the top. Cook it on medium-high heat for three to five minutes or until it’s browned on both sides.
This homemade crunchwrap supreme recipe is definitely a fun thing to make! You get the crunchy with the soft tortilla and all the delicious fillings like the original one you get at Taco Bell. I hope you give it a try!
Other Dinners You'll Enjoy:
Copycat Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5 Burrito size tortillas
- 5 Tostada shells
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1 15 ounce jar of cheese sauce
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour Cream Squeeze bottle
- Cooking spray
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink and then drain excess liquid. Add taco seasoning and the amount of water listed on the package. Stir it into the beef, mix well. Bring it to a quick boil and then simmer for 3-5 minutes to let the liquid dissipate.
- In a microwave safe bowl put some cheese sauce in the microwave and heat for 30-45 seconds.
- Lay the large tortilla on a flat surface. Put the beef in the middle of the tortilla in a circle the same size as the tostada shell. Then cover the meat with cheese sauce. Place the tostada shell on top of the meat and cheese. Then place a layer of shredded lettuce and put some diced tomato on top. Squeeze sour cream on top.
- Starting at the bottom fold the tortilla to the middle, then fold the top down to the middle. Then fold both sides into the middle. This should leave the ingredients fully covered.
- If you have a panini maker use that to cook. Spray both sides of the crunch wrap with cooking spray to help with browning. Place the crunchwrap on the panini make and close the top. Cook on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned. If you don’t have a panini maker use a skillet on medium heat. Put the crunchwrap seam side down. Cook 2-3 minutes or until brown. Flip and brown the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Have you ever had a Taco Bell crunchwrap supreme? It’s like a burrito and crunchy taco combined into one delicious meal! Well, you don’t have to hit the drive-through to get one now because I’m showing you how to make one at home.