Four Cheese Pizza is a great pizza to make for weekly pizza nights. It’s easy to make with store-bought pizza dough and is topped with two kinds of cheddar cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. Skip the pizza delivery and give it a try this week.
Do you have a pizza night every week? We do, and we always look forward to slices of our favorite four cheese pizza that we make ourselves. Well, except for the dough – to make it really easy, I just use store-bought. It makes pizza night a whole lot easier.
If I had to make dough from scratch, I might end up just calling for pizza delivery instead of making my own. So, the short-cut makes this pizza easy enough for a weeknight, and it’s definitely cheaper than ordering out.
Easy Cheese Pizza
I like to combine two types of cheddar cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese, for our pizza cheese. The cheddar and parm add lots of flavors, and the mozzarella creates those cheese pulls that is a must for pizza. They make a great four cheese pizza.
Using the premade dough makes this recipe so easy. If you love cheesy pizza, you need to give this a try.
- Premade pizza dough in a can
- Minced garlic
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
How to Make a Cheese Pizza
I like to bake the pizza on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and coated in cooking spray. Stretch the dough to fit onto the sheet.
Bake the dough for six to eight minutes at 400°F. Prebaking it without the toppings will give it a head start, so it doesn’t get soggy when you add the toppings.
Take the crust out of the oven and spread the pizza sauce over the top. Add the garlic, both kinds of cheddar, and the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and Parmesan over the top.
Bake the pizza for six to eight minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. I like to let the cheese rest for 10 minutes before serving – that way, it’s not burning hot.
Can I use tomato sauce or marinara sauce instead of pizza sauce?
I recommend using pizza sauce for this recipe because it’s thicker than marinara and has added flavors. Plain canned tomato sauce doesn’t taste as good unless you want to add some seasoning to it.
What cheese goes on pizza?
You can use all kinds of different cheeses to make pizza. We love the combination of cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan, but there are other combinations you could try.
It’s good to always have mozzarella because it’s a good melting cheese. So, use that in combination with some of these ideas:
- Blue cheese (or gorgonzola), provolone, mozzarella and Parmesan
- Mozzarella, smoked cheddar, and pepper jack cheese
- Provolone, mozzarella and Asiago or Romano cheese
- Mozzarella, Parmesan, and crumbled feta
- Mozzarella, provolone, and crumbled goat cheese
These are just a few ideas – feel free to experiment with making your own combination. Just remember not to overload the crust with too much cheese.
If it’s been a while since you’ve had a pizza night, this recipe is perfect for starting the tradition. We love this cheese pizza recipe and always have it in the dinner rotation. I hope you enjoy it!
Other Dinners You'll Enjoy
Four Cheese Pizza Recipe
- 1 13.8 ounce store bought pizza crust in a can
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup pizza sauce store bought
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- ¼ cup medium cheddar cheese grated
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Cook pizza dough without any toppings for 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Put an even layer of pizza sauce on the crust. Add garlic, mozzarella, sharp and medium cheddar cheese mixed evenly across the crust. Sprinkle on Italian seasoning and then sprinkle the parmesan on top.
- Put back in the oven for 6-8 minutes or until done. Crust should be a golden brown and cheese should be fully melted.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes and cut and serve.
Four Cheese Pizza is a great pizza to make for weekly pizza nights. It’s easy to make with store-bought pizza dough and is topped with two kinds of cheddar cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese.
Mel is an IT guy turned blogger and is discovering his love of cooking and photography. If you ever have Fantasy Football questions, he's your guy.