Watermelon Frosé is the perfect frozen cocktail for summer! Frosé is frozen rosé wine that has been mixed with watermelon and vodka. It makes for a refreshing blended cocktail!
The combination of vodka, rosé, and watermelon makes a sweet and tart summer drink perfect for any day of the week.
Of course, I’ve heard the term frosé before, ever since last summer, when rosé became a household name. I’d never had one – or even wanted to try – until a few weeks ago. I was at a bar for a Kentucky Derby party and they were serving champagne slushies (so good, recipe forthcoming) but the special of the house was Watermelon Frosé. They had it turning in a slushy machine right on the bar.
Of course, it wold have been a disservice NOT to order one, so I took one for the team. It was so delicious! Like a smoothie met a slushy, full of watermelon and rosé flavor. It was perfectly pink and pretty and served with a tiny sprig of bright green mint on top. I knew I was going to recreate it at home the second I had the chance.
What is frosé anyway?
If you’re sitting here wondering what I’m talking about, frosé is frozen rosé wine that’s usually blended with fruit and sometimes sugar and other liquor. In this case, watermelon and vodka. It’s easily become one of the trendiest drinks around.
While the frosé I had at the bar was thick and super sweet, this homemade version is lighter with a bit less sugar. I loved the bar version but I found it almost too sweet and I couldn’t finish the whole thing. This version of frosé is absolutely perfect for party or girls night and will keep you cool all summer long.
Watermelon Frosé is an easy blender frozen rosé recipe made with watermelon and vodka. It’s the perfect summer cocktail!
Most of the time you just see frosé made with strawberries.But now that it’s watermelon season, I wanted to use that instead. We always buy watermelons and never eat them all, so I love making cocktails with it.
How do you make frosé in a blender?
- Freeze your rosé. You can do this in ice cube trays or in a 9×13-inch pan. Let it sit about 6 hours in the freezer (or overnight). It won’t become hard frozen, but will freeze somewhat (the alcohol keeps it from freezing hard).
- Chop up your seedless watermelon. You need about 2-3 cups.
- I added vodka, which isn’t always a traditional ingredient, but I love adding more alcohol to cocktails. Because…obviously. Feel free to use a flavored vodka, if you want.
- For sweetness, I added lime simple syrup. You could use sugar, or plain simple syrup, but I use lime simple syrup. To make your own lime simple syrup, substitute lime juice for water in my simple syrup recipe. Or, you can buy it at the liquor store in a bottle.
- Ice, to make it frozen!
Once you blend it serve it with a simple sprig of mint. This drink serves a lot of people and is so great for summer.
Watermelon Frosé is the perfect blended cocktail for summer! Frozen rosé wine blended with vodka and watermelon make the perfect frozen drink.
- 1 bottle 750ml dry rosé wine
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup lime simple syrup
- 2 cups ice
Pour rosé into a shallow pan or dish (or into ice cube trays). Freeze for 6 hours. (It won't be a hard freeze because of the alcohol, but will be mostly frozen.)
Place the frozen wine, watermelon, vodka, simple syrup, and ice in a blender jar. Process until blended. Pour into glasses. Garnish with mint.
All images and text ©Dorothy Kern for © Easy Good Ideas. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
You’re also sure to love:
Tropical Sangria Punch has rum and all the flavors of Hawaii!
Berry Bellinis are the perfect champagne cocktail!
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**