Enjoy a Creamsicle Mimosa for your next brunch or cocktail hour! Orange juice, champagne, vodka, all topped with ice cream!
Basically, it's a champagne float...the best kind, if you ask me.
Have you ever wondered if you could turn a creamsicle into a drink? You can! I turned this iconic oranges and cream flavor into a mimosa, and it's fabulous.
I love creating new mimosa flavors. Mimosas aren't just fun for Sunday brunch; I love them all week (and all day) long. One of our favorite restaurants has a mimosa menu that's 3 columns long, and includes every single flavor you can think of. But their mimosas don't have ice cream in them!
Have you ever had a champagne float? I've added sherbet to champagne when making champagne punch, but I've never tried ice cream. Combined with orange, it's one of the best mimosa recipes I've had!
This Creamsicle Mimosa has vanilla vodka, champagne, orange juice, and vanilla ice cream. It's your favorite dessert flavor, but put into drink form.
I couldn't decide if I should call this a Creamsicle Mimosa Or a Mimosa Float. It's kind of both!
Since it has ice cream, this mimosa recipe isn't just good for brunch, it's great all day long...for dessert!
Creamsicle Mimosas are perfect for brunch or dessert, filled with orange and vanilla vodka with an ice cream topper.
So, how do you make a creamsicle mimosa?
- Combine orange juice with vanilla vodka in a champagne flute. The vanilla vodka (or whipped cream vodka) gives it that extra creamsicle flavor.
- You can find vanilla vodka at liquor stores like Bevmo and Total Wine. Sometimes they have it at the grocery store too.
- Top it with your favorite champagne or prosecco.
- Add a small scoop of ice cream on top, and a cherry, of course!
Adults will feel like a kid again when they get a champagne float!
For one mimosa:
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 3 ounces champagne
- 1 tablespoon vanilla ice cream
- cherry and orange, for garnish
For a punch bowl:
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup vanilla vodka
- 1 bottle 750ml champagne or prosecco
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Cherries and oranges, for garnish
- To make one cocktail: add orange juice, vodka, and champagne to glass. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and garnish with orange and/or cherry.
- To make a pitcher: add orange juice, vodka, and champagne to a pitcher or punch bowl. Add ice cream to float on top with orange and cherry garnish.
Another great drink for a party? Mocktail Margaritas!
Dorothy is a blogger over at CrazyforCrust.com, where she's been sharing recipes with a slice of life for almost 10 years. She's married to Mel, the other half of Easy Good Ideas, and together they are raising a teenager and dog in Northern California.