This Tropical Sangria Punch Recipe will make you think you’re at the beach! Wine, pineapple juice, rum, and orange make this such a fun summer punch recipe!
You know it’s good when your cocktail tastes like juice, ha!
PIN IT NOW TO SAVE FOR LATER!
It’s almost time for summer cocktails! This summer I plan to sit by the pool with the grill going and a cocktail in my hand multiple times per week.
When I’m looking for the perfect summer punch recipe, I always think about sangria. Wine is my favorite beverage by choice, so sangria just makes it better. To me, a good sangria tastes like juice, which is good and bad, ha!
Sangria combines the flavors of wine and fruit and and is the perfect warm weather beverage for a party. It’s like a party punch by definition, and everyone loves it.
This Tropical Sangria Punch takes a traditional sangria a step further and makes you feel like you’re on the beach in Hawaii. With the flavors of orange, pineapple, and cherry, it’ll make you long for summer days by the water.
One of the things I absolutely love about sangria is how adaptable it is. You can change the flavors of it by simply changing the juice or fruit or liquor you put in it. You can use a sweet wine, like moscato, or use red or white wine, or even sparkling. It’s easy to change up the flavors to make them taste more like a margarita, or more like the tropics, and so many more flavor combinations.
What is in a sangria?
Sangria is a cocktail punch recipe that has two main components (fruit and wine) and some extra flavors, usually from hard alcohol.
- Wine: Sangria can be either white or red (or rosé). It’s always good to use a wine you enjoy the taste of. For white sangria, I like using Sauvignon Blanc or Pino Grigio.
- Rum: Sangria recipes can contain lots of different alcohols, but white sangria pairs well with rum, especially for this tropical version.
- Fruit: for this sangria punch, I added pineapple juice. The slices of orange also help to flavor the sangria. Before serving I also add frozen pineapple chunks to keep the sangria cold.
- Triple sec: instead of adding more juice, I added orange flavor from this orange liqueur.
- Bubbles: some sangrias use sparking water to make it go further. You can, or you can skip it.
- Sugar: some recipes call for added sugar. This recipe doesn’t because the fruit juice sweetens it, but if you want a sweeter drink, you an add some.
Combined, these fun flavors make up the perfect Tropical Sangria Punch Recipe, perfect for any summer party.
If you’re looking for an easy sangria recipe, this is it. It might not be a traditional sangria recipe, but it’s as tasty as they come. Making a Tropical White Sangria into a punch is sure to satisfy everyone at your summer party!
Tropical Sangria Punch
This Tropical Sangria Punch Recipe will make you think you're at the beach! Wine, pineapple juice, rum, and orange make this such a fun summer punch recipe!
- 1 bottle 750ml white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup triple sec
- 2/3 cup white rum
- 1 ounce maraschino cherry juice or grenadine
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- Cherries, oranges, and pineapple for garnish
Stir wine, juices, triple sec, and rum in a pitcher. Add orange slices. Chill.
Before serving, add frozen pineapple chunks to keep the drink cold.
Garnish with cherries, orange slices, and/or more pineapple.
If desired, add 1 or two cans of sparkling water (such as La Croix) or 2-3 cups or club soda to dilute the sangria and make it serve more people.
Be sure to check out this Hawaiian Champagne Punch too!
Dorothy is the blogger behind EasyGoodIdeas.com and CrazyforCrust.com. She loves creating recipes that are sometimes savory, often sweet, and always served with a slice of her life.