Making Vegetable Ramen is the best way to make a quick and simple meal! Forget about adding meat – and let the noodles and vegetables do all the talking. If you want a fast and easy dish, this homemade veggie ramen is it.
Table of Contents
- Easy Vegetable Ramen
- Ingredients needed to make Vegetable Ramen
- How to make this Vegetable Ramen Recipe
- Can I add other vegetables to this ramen soup?
- How do I make spicy vegetable ramen?
- What are great toppings for ramen?
- How do I store leftover ramen?
- Can I add in meat?
- How do I know when ramen noodles are done cooking?
- More Soup Recipes You’ll Love
- Vegetable Ramen Soup Recipe
Easy Vegetable Ramen
Everyone knows that eating ramen is not only delicious – but it’s fun as well. Slurping up the noodles is one of the best parts, no matter if you’re an adult or a kid.
And let’s not forget sipping the ramen vegetable broth, waiting at the end of the meal. If eating Ramen this way is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.
It’s safe to say that after making this Vegetable Ramen recipe, you’re going to be hooked. The Ramen vegetable flavor is out of this world – and good for your gut.
Ingredients needed to make Vegetable Ramen
If you’re wondering what vegetables go in ramen, the list of simple ingredients below will help clear it up.
- Instant ramen packs
- Vegetable broth
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Ginger, minced
- Soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Sesame oil
- Green onions
- Cut the carrots into coins or half coins, whatever texture you prefer.
- Add the broth, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce into a large pot. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the dry ramen noodles and let the mixture boil again for 5-7 minutes or until the noodles are cooked.
- Top with the green onions, and enjoy!
If you don’t want long noodles in your ramen soup, you can break them up while they’re dry and add them in.
You can also substitute bone broth or chicken stock in place of the vegetable broth. (unless you’re trying to keep this dish vegetarian)
I like to cut down on my sodium level, so I like using low sodium soy sauce as an option.
You can! If you want to add celery, mushrooms, or even some bok choy, you can. You would just add them in with the rest of the vegetables in the same steps on the recipe card.
The great part about making this simple ramen recipe is that you can add or remove whatever vegetables you don’t care for.
It’s all about adding the heat! To make this dish spicy, just add some cayenne pepper to the mixture, and stir.
You can also make just your serving spicy by adding chili pepper flakes to the top of your noodles in your own bowl.
Chives are my favorite toppings for ramen, but some people will add crushed peanuts or even some shredded coconut as well. It’s all about finding the perfect balance of flavors for your taste buds.
If you have leftover vegetable ramen soup, you can save it for later. Just add it to a container and let it cool down completely before adding a lid. Store it in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Absolutely. You can add in pork, chicken, beef, and even tofu to this dish. We tend to make it with vegetables because it’s an affordable way to enjoy a comfort dish, but there is nothing wrong with adding some meat!
You’ll want to check that the noodles are done before taking them out of the pot. I tend to grab a noodle and let it cool for a few seconds and then nibble on it. That’s always been the most accurate way to tell.
Vegetable Ramen Soup
- 6 oz instant ramen packs 2 x 3 ounce don’t use seasoning packets.
- 64 oz vegetable broth
- 1 large carrot
- 1 Cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions
- Slice carrots into coins or half coins.
- In a large pot combine broth, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce and hoisin sauce, bring to a boil.
- Add ramen noodles, return to boil and cook for 5-7 min or until the noodles are done.
- Top with green onions, serve immediately. Enjoy!
Enjoy this Vegetable Ramen Soup loaded with fresh vegetables, noodles and delicious Asian flavors.