This Easy Ground Chicken Vegetable Bowl is loaded with vegetables like peppers, zucchini, and cauliflower rice. This is an easy dinner recipe that you can also make ahead for meal prep.
I like making rice bowls, and for this easy chicken rice bowl, I use healthy cauliflower rice instead of regular rice. It’s topped with seasoned ground chicken and vegetables for a healthy meal.
Although I’m sharing a specific recipe, you can easily swap ingredients to switch up the flavors or use what you have on hand. For example, sometimes I use ground turkey instead of chicken, and I’ll use up vegetables we have in the fridge. So it’s easy to customize.
Table of Contents
Ground Chicken Bowl Ingredients
- Frozen cauliflower rice
- Cooking spray
- Ground chicken
- Chopped bell pepper
- Chopped yellow onion
- Chopped zucchini
- Barbecue sauce
- Mrs. Dash onion and herb – or you can use salt and pepper to taste.
- Minced garlic
- Chopped parsley for garnish
How to Make a Ground Chicken Vegetable Bowl
First, warm up the cauliflower rice following the package instructions. Then, cover and set it aside while you prepare the rest of the dish.
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat it over medium heat. Add the chicken and break it into small pieces while it cooks.
When it’s no longer pink, after five to seven minutes, drain the excess liquid and then transfer the chicken to a bowl. Cover it to keep the meat warm.
In the same skillet, cook the onions and bell peppers for three to four minutes or until they start to soften. Next, add zucchini and cook it with the onions and peppers for two minutes.
Add cooked chicken back to the skillet and add the barbecue sauce, Mrs. Dash seasoning, garlic, and cumin. Stir and heat the mixture for about two minutes.
Serve the ground chicken and vegetables over the cauliflower rice and garnish each serving with parsley.
Tips and Variations
You can use cooked white or brown rice for this recipe instead of cauliflower rice.
Instead of chicken, you can use ground turkey, lean ground beef, or even ground pork.
Feel free to add other vegetables to this dish like mushrooms, yellow squash, different peppers, or another vegetable you like.
This is a great dish to make for meal prep. You can prepare it ahead of time and divide it into single-serving containers. Warm them up in the microwave for easy lunches. Chicken bowls will keep well for three to four days in the refrigerator.
Whether you make this ground chicken with rice bowl for lunch or dinner, I think you’ll enjoy it! It’s light and flavorful but filling. Enjoy!
More Healthy Recipes To Enjoy
Ground Chicken Vegetable Bowls Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion chopped
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 10 ounce package frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash onion and herb or salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Parsley to garnish
- Cooking spray
- Follow microwave instructions and heat the cauliflower rice
- Heat cooking spray in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground chicken and break into small pieces. Cook for 5-7 minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Drain and set aside on a plate or bowl covered.
- In the same skillet add onions and bell peppers. Cook for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften. Add zucchini and cook for another 2 minutes. Add chicken back to the skillet and add Barbecue sauce, Mrs. Dash, garlic and cumin. Combine well and heat for about 2 minutes. Serve over cauliflower rice and garnish with parsley
- Feel free to use white or brown rice instead of cauliflower rice.
- If you don’t have cooking spray you can use 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Replace ground chicken with ground turkey if you prefer.
- Use any vegetables you like with this dish!!
This Ground Chicken Vegetable Bowl is so healthy and filling! This is an easy dinner that could also make for a great meal prep option for lunch.