Shrimp Kabobs are a light and delicious grilling recipe that is easy to make. Shrimp are marinated in herbs and lemon juice and then grilled until tender and juicy. This is a quick and easy recipe that is great for weeknight meals.
When we want some light and flavorful, we like to use the grill to make this shrimp kabob recipe. Grilled shish kabobs are always good, and the flavors in this shrimp version are great. Plus, the shrimp don’t take any time at all to cook.
The shrimp are marinated first and then grilled. You don’t have to marinate them long, and they cook in less than ten minutes, unlike steak or chicken.
You can serve grilled shrimp kabobs with rice or pasta. Sometimes we add them to a big salad when we want to eat light. You can also serve them as an appetizer.
Once you know how to grill shrimp kabobs, it’s a meal you’ll want to make again. The flavors are fresh and light, and you can serve them in different ways for different meals.
Table of Contents
- Peeled and deveined shrimp with the tails on
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Dried oregano leaves
- Dried basil leaves
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley and lemon slices for garnish
How to Make Shrimp Kabobs
Place the olive oil, lemon juice, dried herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large resealable bag. Add the shrimp, close the bag, and gently squeeze the bag to coat the shrimp with the marinade. Place the bag in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
After the shrimp are marinated, take them out of the bag and thread them onto skewers. I like to thread them through the top and tail end, so they are easier to turn on the grill. Don’t crowd them on the skewers – there should be a little space between each one.
Preheat the grill to medium and spray the grates with non-stick grilling spray.
Grill the shrimp kabobs for two to three minutes on each side or until they are no longer translucent. For serving, garnish them with parsley along with the lemon slices.
Recipe Tips for Shrimp Kabobs
We like to leave the tails on the shrimp for grilling, but you can remove them if you prefer. We use frozen shrimp that are already peeled and deveined. They just need to be thawed.
We use metal skewers for this recipe, but you can use wooden skewers, too. If you use wooden ones, soak them first because they can burn quickly.
Shrimp don’t need long to marinate, so I don’t recommend leaving them in the marinade for more than 30 minutes. The acid in the lemon will actually cook the shrimp (like in a ceviche) if they sit in there too long. This can make them a little rubbery.
Keep an eye on them while grilling because they don’t take long to cook. Just a few minutes on each side is enough. They are done cooking when they have turned pink and are opaque.
I think grilled shrimp taste best right off the grill, but leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for a day or so. Grab some shrimp and skewers so you can give this easy shrimp kabob recipe a try this week. It’s a great way to use the grill and so easy. Enjoy!
Other Easy Good Grill Recipes to Try
- Grilled Teriyaki Steak Kabobs
- Garlic Butter Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Low Carb Grilled Chicken Power Bowls
Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
- 1 pound medium frozen shrimp peeled, deveined if needed and thawed (we left the tails on)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 – 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dry basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Serve with lemon slices
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag and shake. Add shrimp and gently incorporate shrimp with the marinade. Place in the refrigerator 30 minutes.
- You will need about 3 skewers. If using wood make sure to soak the wood skewers in warm water for about 15-20 minutes. We used 3 metal skewers. Push the shrimp onto the skewers and leave a little space between each one. I like to skewer each shrimp in two places (near tail and the top) as it makes it easier to flip.
- Spray your grill with no stick grill cooking spray and then turn burners to medium heat. Grill the skewers 2-3 minutes on each side. They should just be pink.
- Serve with a parsley garnish and lemon slices.
If you’re looking for something light, yet flavorful, try these Shrimp Kabobs! They take practically no time to cook and go so well with anything!