Easy BBQ Chicken Skewers with bacon and a garlic ranch dipping sauce on the side! This is an easy grill recipe that you only need four ingredients to make. Make for dinner with a side dish or serve it as an appetizer for parties. Either way, the chicken-bacon-ranch flavor combo is always a hit!
These chicken bacon skewers combine three of my favorite things: grilled chicken, crispy bacon, and a creamy ranch dipping sauce. We love to make grilled skewer recipes, and this is always a favorite at our house.
Easy Grilled Chicken Skewers
- You only need four ingredients to make them.
- I like to amp up the ranch with roasted garlic, which you can make ahead.
- For this recipe, I use chicken thighs which have lots of flavor.
- They make a great dinner with a salad or vegetable on the side. Or, make them for a fun party snack for holidays or game days.
If you want to put a twist on BBQ skewers, this is a great recipe to try!
Table of Contents
- Boneless chicken thighs
- Roasted garlic
- Ranch dressing
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers
Cut the chicken into 2″ pieces. To make a skewer, thread one piece of chicken onto the skewer. Next, thread one end of a bacon strip onto the skewer and add another chicken piece.
Thread the next section of the bacon, followed by another piece of chicken. Repeat this until the bacon is fully threaded onto the skewer and wrapped around the chicken pieces. Repeat this with the rest of the chicken and bacon.
Once your skewers are assembled, place them on a preheated 400°F grill. Cook them on one side for seven to ten minutes and then turn them. Cook them for seven to ten minutes longer or until the chicken is cooked through (165°F) and the bacon is crispy.
Mash the roasted garlic cloves and combine them with the ranch dressing to make the dipping sauce. Arrange the cooked chicken skewers on a serving plate with the sauce in a bowl. Enjoy!
You can roast the garlic ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to make the dish. It will keep for several days.
If you use wooden skewers, don’t forget to soak them in water for at least 20 to 30 minutes before grilling. This will keep them from burning while you’re cooking the chicken and bacon.
If you use metal skewers, you may not need to cook the skewers as long. The metal will heat up and cook the chicken faster than wooden ones. To be sure, you can slice into a piece of chicken to see if it’s done or use a thermometer to measure the internal temperature. It should read 165°F.
Leftover chicken bacon BBQ skewers will keep in the refrigerator for three to four days in an airtight container.
Can you use boneless chicken breasts instead?
Yes, you can substitute the same amount of chicken breast for this recipe.
Can you use thick-cut bacon for this recipe?
I use a thicker cut, so the chicken and bacon are done at the same time. If you use thin-sliced bacon, it will cook faster and may burn before the chicken is done.
Should you grill skewers over direct or indirect heat?
You can sear the meat over direct heat first and then move the skewers to indirect heat to finish cooking.
What can you serve with grilled chicken skewers?
It pairs great with other snacks like chicken wings, onion rings, and jalapeno poppers if you want to make it for an appetizer. Give this grilled chicken skewer recipe a try soon! The flavor combination is always a favorite. Enjoy!
Chicken Bacon Skewers Recipe
- 2 lbs Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1 pkg of bacon
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Cup of Ranch Dressing
- Wooden skewers soaked in water
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces (about 2”).
- Skewer 1 piece of chicken, then one end of a piece of bacon, another piece of chicken, then the next section of bacon and so on until you reach the end of the bacon strip.
- Preheat your BBQ to 400 degrees. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 7-10 min then flip and cook another 7-10min until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- When the garlic is finished, simply squeeze the individual cloves out into a bowl, mash into a paste.
- Mix the garlic with 1/2 cup of ranch dressing and serve with the skewers. Enjoy!
– Cut the top off of the garlic, drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil.
– Oven, 400 degrees for 40min
– Airfryer, 375 degrees for 20-25min
Make these Chicken Bacon Skewers for dinner with a side dish or serve it as an appetizer for parties. Either way, the chicken-bacon-ranch flavor combo is always a hit!