Pizza Pockets filled with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni! Refrigerated crescent roll dough makes these homemade pizza hot pockets quick and easy to make.
Once you try this homemade pizza pockets recipe, you won’t buy the store-bought hot pockets again. Sauce, cheese, and pepperoni are baked inside a golden crust – it’s a great handheld snack or appetizer!
The great part is that you only need five ingredients to make these pizza pockets, and they’re easy, too. There’s no chopping or complicated prep steps – you just assemble them and bake them.
With some refrigerated dough and a few other ingredients, you can have delicious pepperoni pizza pockets hot out of the oven in no time at all.
Table of Contents
- Crescent roll dough
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mini pepperoni
- Pizza sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Pizza Pockets
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the crescent roll dough and lay it flat on the sheet.
Cut the dough into four equal-sized rectangles. The dough will have perforations – go ahead and seal them by pressing the lines together.
Spread pizza sauce on each piece of dough. Leave a one-inch border along both long sides of the rectangles.
Place the pepperoni in an even layer on the sauce and then sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
Take one long end (with the one-inch border) and fold it over to meet the other long end with the border. Press the edges together to seal the dough.
Use the tines of a fork to seal the edges all around each pocket. Press the tines into the dough to crimp them.
Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the top of each pizza pocket. Bake them for 12 to 16 minutes at 400°F or until the dough is golden brown.
You can change the fillings to make all kinds of pizza pockets. Feel free to experiment, but don’t add too many fillings; otherwise, they won’t bake properly. Here are some tips and ideas:
Veggies: If you want to make vegetable pizza pockets with bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms, I recommend lightly sautéing them before adding them to the filling.
Meat: You can use salami instead of pepperoni. Other kinds of meat like bacon, ham, sausage, or chicken will need to be cooked first.
Cheese: Any cheese you like on pizza will work in these homemade pizza pockets. We like mozzarella, provolone, and cheddar cheese.
Don’t spread the pizza sauce entirely to the edges of the dough. Leave the border on both long ends, so it’s easy to seal them. If they have sauce on them, they won’t seal right.
Don’t overfill the dough. If you overload the filling, you will have difficulty sealing the dough without the ingredients squeezing out.
Add a dipping sauce on the side like ranch dressing, Italian dressing, or garlic butter.
Leftover pizza pockets will keep the refrigerator for two to three days.
This homemade pizza pockets recipe is fun to make when you’re craving pizza but don’t want to make a big one (or spend money for delivery!). They’re great for kids, but adults love them, too – give them a try!
More Homemade Versions of Your Favorites
Homemade Pizza Pockets Recipe
- 1 8- ounce can refrigerated crescent roll dough 8 count
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup sliced mini pepperoni
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese grated.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the dough and cut into 4 even rectangles. Press all the perforations together to make a single layer of dough for each rectangle.
- Spread an even layer of pizza sauce in the middle of the rectangle leaving an inch at the top and an inch at the bottom of the long side. Spread an even layer of cheese over the sauce until all cheese is used. Add an even layer of pepperoni on top of the cheese until all is used.
- Starting at the top where the one-inch gap is, fold over gently to the bottom where the other 1 inch gap is. Press the dough together to create a seal. Taking a fork, press along the seal and the sides. Press the fork with one hand while holding the dough next to the fork with the other so the fork will remove easily. Do this on the bottom and both sides.
- Add a little shredded parmesan cheese to the top of each pizza pocket. Poke each one a few times with a fork on top.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Dough should be golden brown but not burned. Serve.
Make these Homemade Pizza Pockets with refrigerated crescent roll dough. They’re so easy, quick and tasty for pizza night!