Tender, juicy steak tips are easy to make in an air fryer. They cook in less than 10 minutes and are very easy to prep. Toss them in a seasoning mix, place them in the air fryer, and in just a few minutes, you get excellent air fryer steak tips for an easy 30-minute meal.
I always thought the best way to cook steak was on the grill, but that was before we got our air fryer. I still grill, but using the air fryer is so easy, and it cooks steak perfectly.
It’s especially good for cooking steak tips. They are a very lean sirloin cut, so it’s best when it’s cooked quickly. The air fryer is great for that.
I like to cut the steak tips into bite-sized pieces for this recipe, and cooking steak bites in the air fryer ensures that they aren’t overcooked. As they cook, they develop a delicious crust but stay nice and juicy.
This is one of our favorite easy air fryer dinner recipes. You can add many different kinds of side dishes – basically, anything you like with steak will go well with these steak bites.
Table of Contents
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Steak seasoning – there are many options, and we like Mr. Dash Southwest Chipotle
- Black pepper
- Chipotle chili pepper
- Sirloin steak tips cut into bite-sized pieces
- Cooking spray
- Olive oil
Make the seasoning mix by combining the garlic powder, onion powder, steak seasoning, ground pepper, and chili powder in a bowl.
Add the steak tips and toss them in the seasoning until they are evenly coated.
Preheat the air fryer to 375°F and coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the seasoned steak tips in an even layer in a basket. Don’t stack or overlap them; otherwise, they won’t cook evenly. If needed, cook them in batches if they won’t all fit.
Cook them at 375°F for five to seven minutes. We like them medium-rare, but you can cook them to your preferred doneness. Just don’t overcook them because they will get tough.
There are many kinds of steak seasonings available, so experiment and find one you like.
We like the chipotle chili pepper powder, but you can use regular chili powder or another kind that you like. You can also add some cayenne or red pepper flakes if you want even more heat and spice.
Air fryer steak tips are great for meal prep. You can make a batch and keep them in the refrigerator for three to four days. Then, warm them up with a side dish, toss them in a salad, or use them to make sandwiches or wraps.
Side Dish Ideas
We love easy air fryer recipes because there’s usually time to prepare a side dish, too. So here are some that we like with these steak tips.
Whatever you decide to serve them with, they will be delicious. Juicy and tender steak bites are one of our favorites 30-minute meals in the air fryer. I hope you try it!
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Air Fryer Steak Tips Recipe
- 1 pound steak tips sirloin tips, cut into bite sized pieces (if not already pre-cut)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning we used Mr. Dash Southwest Chipotle
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F
- In a medium sized bowl combine garlic powder, onion powder, steak seasoning, ground pepper and chili pepper. Add cubed steak tips and mix until all pieces are coated.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place steak tips in the basket in an even layer with no overlap (you may need to do more than one batch). Cook for 5-7 minutes or until they are done to your likeness. We wanted to get medium rare. Serve!
- You can also use the air fryer with vegetables like asparagus to serve with your steak tips.
- Any steak seasoning will work. We used Mr. Dash just to keep the dish a little lighter.
- You can use cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes instead of chili pepper depending on what tastes you like.
This Air Fryer Steak Tips recipe is a favorite of ours – easy to prep and only takes 30 minutes for a full dinner. Pick a side and serve them up!