This Air Fryer Potatoes recipe is the easiest and healthiest way to cook golden crispy potatoes without all the oil.
With just a few ingredients and about 20 minutes you can have perfectly cooked potatoes that are crispy on the outside and tender and soft on the inside. You will love this easy side dish recipe.
I love some crispy potatoes but I didn’t know how good they could be until I learned how to make them in the air fryer. Who knew you could get super crispy potatoes with hardly any oil
It’s so much healthier than deep frying and it doesn’t take as long as roasting potatoes in the oven but you still get the same result – golden and crispy potatoes that are soft and tender on the inside.
You Only Need a Few Simple Ingredients
- Potatoes (either baby red ones or baby Yukon golds)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
Tips for Making the Best Potatoes in the Air Fryer
For this recipe I prefer to use baby red potatoes or baby Yukon gold potatoes. They are both a waxy variety so they hold their shape and have a great texture after they’re cooked.
You will need to make sure you cut the potatoes into equal-sized pieces so they cook evenly. If they are all different sizes some will overcook and others will be undercooked. In other words, no good!
Since this is an air fryer recipe, you only need a small amount of oil. It’s way less than the amount needed for deep-frying or pan-frying, but you will still get that amazing crispy exterior.
Cook your potatoes in a single layer. You don’t want to pile them on top of each other! In order for them to cook properly (and get that crispiness!) the air inside of the air fryer needs to be able to circulate all round each piece of potato.
Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to cook the potatoes in batches.
This recipe basically has three steps:
- Cut the potatoes into equal-sized pieces.
- Toss them with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook them for 15 minutes or until they’re tender and crispy on the outside.
Have Fun with the Potato Seasonings!
Once you’ve tried these easy potatoes you can play around with the seasonings and do different flavors. I also use salt and pepper and then add a few others to switch things ups:
- Dried Italian seasoning and garlic powder
- Smoked paprika and garlic powder
- Dried oregano, thyme or parsley
- Taco, fajita or chili seasoning
These are just a few ideas! The possibilities are endless.
Serve Them for Dinner or Breakfast!
These air fryer potatoes are a great side dish for dinner alongside steak, chicken, pork chops or fish. We also love them for breakfast with some scrambled eggs and bacon!
To be honest, I can eat them for every meal and snacks – they’re just so good. If you’ve been looking for a new easy side dish to make in your air fryer this is a winner for sure! I hope you love them as much as we do.
Other easy side dishes you'll enjoy:
Air Fryer Potatoes Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound baby red or baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Slice potatoes in half. Toss them with olive oil, salt, and garlic powder.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer basket. (Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do this in batches).
- Air fry at 375°F for about 15-20 minutes. Check them after 15 minutes for doneness (different size potatoes will cook differently).
- Serve immediately.
Air Fryer Potatoes are crispy and packed with flavor! This is an easy side dish that only takes a few ingredients and 20 minutes!