Easy Lettuce Wraps filled with ground turkey cooked in an Asian-style sauce that’s a little sweet and salty and totally delicious! This is a quick recipe that’s light, full of flavor, and perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
We used to go out when we had a craving for Asian-style lettuce wraps, but now we make them at home because they’re just as good and so much less expensive.
I love recreating favorite restaurant dishes like this because, while it’s fun to go out, sometimes you just want to stay in after a long day. Enter these Asian turkey lettuce wraps: they are quick, easy, and full of flavor.
Easy Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps
There are so many great things going on in these wraps – crunch from water chestnuts, a savory smooth sauce, tender meat, and fresh flavors from the veggies.
- Ground turkey
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Brown sugar
- Chopped celery
- Minced ginger
- Minced garlic
- Chopped canned water chestnuts
- Grated carrot
- Butter lettuce leaves
Tip: We love lean ground turkey for this recipe, but you can use ground beef, chicken or pork to switch it up.
Recipe Steps and Tips
This is a quick-cooking recipe, so it’s always a good idea to prep your ingredients first before you cook. That way it’s not stressful when it’s time to cook – everything is ready to go.
I like to mix the sauce first in a small bowl, which is just the soy sauce, oil, and brown sugar.
Cook the turkey with the celery in a large skillet over medium heat. Break the meat apart as it cooks and once it’s not longer pink drain off any excess liquid in the pan.
Add the garlic and ginger and stir to combine them with the cooked turkey. Finally, add the sauce with the water chestnuts and carrots. Give it a few stirs and then it’s ready to serve.
We love to use butter lettuce leaves for the wraps. You can also use large romaine lettuce leaves, too.
Tip: You can make the filling ahead for meal prep! Cool it and store it in an airtight container for three to four days in the refrigerator. Keep the lettuce separate and assemble the turkey lettuce cups when it’s time to eat.
What to Serve with Lettuce Wraps
These are a nice light meal all on their own, or you can serve them as part of a bigger meal by adding some side dishes:
- Add some crispy eggrolls, potstickers, or cheese rangoons
- Sometimes we like a simple Asian-style cucumber salad with it
- Fried rice or lo mein is really good with them, too!
This is a quick 30-minute dinner that you’ll want in your dinner rotation – it’s delicious! I hope you give this easy turkey lettuce wraps recipe a try!
Other Dinners You'll Enjoy
Turkey Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts drained, rinsed and chopped
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil and brown sugar. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium temperature. Add ground turkey and celery. Break turkey up into small pieces and cook until the turkey is no longer pink (6-8 minutes). Drain the excess liquid.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes then add the mixture of soy sauce, brown sugar and sesame oil along with the water chestnuts and carrots. Serve in the Butter lettuce leaves.
We can’t get enough of these Easy Lettuce Turkey Wraps! They are filled with ground turkey cooked in an Asian-style sauce that’s both sweet and salty and so delicious!
Mel is an IT guy turned blogger and is discovering his love of cooking and photography. If you ever have Fantasy Football questions, he's your guy.