Greek Flatbread is the best way to enjoy Greek Flavor and taste. If you’re a fan of changing up your dinner plans, this simple flatbread recipe is right up your alley. Stop stressing over what to make for dinner, and simply prepare and eat this. One bite – and you’ll be hooked!
Table of Contents
- Easy Greek Flatbread
- Ingredients Needed to make Greek Flatbread
- How To Make Greek Flatbread
- Is Greek flatbread the same as pita bread?
- How many types of flatbreads are there?
- How do I keep my flatbread from getting soggy?
- Can I add tzatziki sauce to this recipe?
- How do I store leftovers?
- Other Pizza’s you might enjoy!
- Fresh Greek Salad on Flatbread Recipe
Easy Greek Flatbread
Even though the ingredients listed below are pretty straightforward, don’t forget that you have wiggle room to change things up. Adding different types of olives and cheese is always half the fun.
The great thing about this Greek recipe is that it’s hearty with flavor. It’s literally like combining a greek salad with flatbread, all in a tasty dish that you can pick up and eat.
The soft flatbread paired with the bursts of flavorful ingredients will have your taste buds begging for more. I love making this for a fast lunch or dinner or as a simple snack to have waiting for when the next hunger pains in the house hit.
It’s so easy to make and have ready that it’s one of my favorite meals to meal prep. Since all the ingredients are simple and easy to have on hand, there’s no excuse that this can’t be your go-to meal on busy days.
Ingredients Needed to make Greek Flatbread
You don’t even have to turn on your oven to make this simple flatbread recipe. Just gather up the simple ingredients below – and start.
- Roma Tomatoes
- English cucumbers
- Red onion
- Kalamata Olives
- Fresh Parsley
- Feta Cheese
- Flat bread
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Dice up all the veggies and ingredients and mix them together in a salad bowl.
- Add the cheese, lemon juice, salt & pepper, and olive oil to the bowl and toss.
- Grab a pinch or two and place the mixture on top of flatbread.
If you’re a fan of soft flatbread, add it to the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up. You can then add your toppings and enjoy.
If you want to add more veggies, go for it! As long as you stick with the feta cheese as the main cheese ingredient, you’ll still get that delicious Greek flavoring in every bite.
You can also use lime juice for this recipe if you don’t have lemon juice.
Make sure that you clean the cucumbers well before dicing them, but you don’t need to peel them. Just chop them finely and add.
It’s not the same. Flatbread is soft and circular, while pita bread tends to have a different texture and is typically stuffed with ingredients, using the pita as a food holder.
Believe it or not, there are over 60 different varieties of flat breads out there! I just buy mine from the store, but it sounds like I need to branch out and try some new options!
Wait to add the toppings to the flatbread until you’re actually going to eat it. If you pile it high and then wait, the flatbread will get soggy.
You bet! This would be a great base layering to add to the flatbread and really enhance the Greek flavors!
This mixture needs to be stored separately from the flatbread. Just add the leftovers to an airtight container and keep it chilled in the fridge.
When you’re ready to eat, just heat up the flatbread and all the toppings right on top. Doesn’t get any easier than that!
Other Pizza’s you might enjoy!
Fresh Greek Salad on Flatbread
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- ¼ Cup Pepperoncini
- 4 mini english cucumbers
- ½ Cup red onion
- ⅓ Cup Kalamata Olives
- ½ Cup Fresh Parsley
- ⅔ Cup Feta Cheese
- 8 small flat bread or 4 large
- 2 ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Finely dice tomatoes, pepperoncini, cucumbers, red onion, olives and parsley, mix in a large salad bowl.
- Add feta cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Gently toss salad until combined. Serve on flatbread. Enjoy!
This Greek Flatbread uses fresh ingredients, is packed with flavor and it’s ready in no time!!