Watermelon Party Punch is a cocktail full of watermelon, vodka, wine, and midori! This drink is so good and an easy great cocktail for a party. (It’s like watermelon sangria only much much better!)
Party punch is my favorite thing to make, especially when it tastes like juice!
PIN IT NOW TO SAVE FOR LATER!
One of our favorite summer flavors is watermelon. I look forward to finding them in stores come May; we have one on the counter or slices in the fridge at all time throughout the summer.
Watermelon isn’t just great for eating; it also makes a great drink. Whether you’re just making watermelon juice to drink or mix with lemonade or soda, watermelon pairs so nicely with vodka, midori, and so many other liqueurs and spirits. Adding watermelon to a summer party punch really makes it feel like summer.
Whenever I think about a summer party, I think about watermelon first for food. Watermelon slices go fast on a potluck table, so why not also make them into a party punch so your guests can eat and drink it?
Occasionally I see watermelon juice for sale in the store, but it’s actually simple to make at home and can be used for so many things. One mini seedless watermelon makes about 4-5 cups of juice which will make this punch and leave you some left over to make lemonade or a mocktail with.
How do you make watermelon juice?
It’s easy, albeit a bit messy your first time. You’ll just need a blender and a fine mesh strainer.
- Slice your watermelon and remove the rind. Make sure to buy a seedless watermelon!
- Working in batches, place the melon pieces in a blender. Blend until it’s all liquid and no chunks remain.
- Pour the watermelon liquid through your strainer into a pitcher. This gets all the pulp out so you have a nice clear watermelon juice. (Leave the pulp in if you’re looking for health benefits.)
Once you have your watermelon juice, the sky is the limit on what you can do with it.
What can you do with watermelon juice?
There are so many things you can do with your homemade watermelon juice, and this Watermelon Party Punch is one of them. Besides punch you can:
- Freeze the juice into cubes. Throw the cubes into smoothies or margaritas, or use the frozen watermelon juice cubes to keep this party punch cold without watering it down.
- Place leftover juice in a jar or plastic bags and freeze for the next time you’re craving punch.
- Mix watermelon juice with club soda and/or lemonade for a fun watermelon lemonade or watermelon soda.
My favorite thing to do with watermelon juice is to make watermelon cocktails like this easy party punch recipe!
Watermelon Party Punch is the perfect easy cocktail recipe for your summer BBQ! Made with vodka and wine, this party punch is like watermelon sangria only better!
What goes in Watermelon Party Punch?
All the good stuff! This punch is full of:
- 3-4 cups of watermelon juice
- Vodka – plain or melon flavored (or even citrus vodka)
- Lime Juice
- Midori (midori is melon liqueur and perfect when paired with watermelon)
- Wine – either white or rosé
But, you ask: this has wine in it. Doesn’t that make this actually a Watermelon Sangria? The answer is…sort of? I think of sangria as something that’s mostly wine with fruit soaking in it. This is mostly juice with wine in it. But it’s kind of like sangria…and all party punch!
If you’re looking to make an alcoholic party punch for a crowd, look no further than this Watermelon Party Punch recipe. It’s the best!
Watermelon Party Punch
This easy Watermelon Party Punch has vodka, midori, and wine and is perfect for any party!
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup midori or melon liqueur
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 bottle (750ml) white wine or rosé wine
Slice the watermelon and remove the skin. Place the watermelon chunks in a blender jar and blend until no chunks remain. (Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to do this in batches.) Pour the watermelon juice through a strainer to remove pulp and and lone seeds. This can be done up to 2 days ahead, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Pour 3 cups of watermelon juice into a large pitcher. If you have leftover juice, freeze it in ice cube trays or ziploc bags to use later.
Add vodka, midori, lime juice, and wine to the pitcher. Stir.
Serve over ice garnished with watermelon slices and limes.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Dorothy is the blogger behind EasyGoodIdeas.com and CrazyforCrust.com. She loves creating recipes that are sometimes savory, often sweet, and always served with a slice of her life.