Learn how to make a French Fry Charcuterie Board, and it will be the hit of your game-day party, holiday get-together, and other gatherings. This fry board has four different types of French fries and tots, plus a variety of easy homemade dipping sauces to go with them. Everything is arranged on a platter for easy serving and dipping!
Appetizer boards seem to be all the rage, and it’s easy to see why. It’s a fun and easy way to serve different kinds of appetizers when you host friends and family.
This French fry charcuterie board gets its name from a classic meat and cheese platter, but instead of meat and cheese, it’s loaded up with fries, tater tots, and dipping sauces to go with them.
We’re using frozen fries for this recipe and adding three different kinds of dips – there’s something for everyone and always a win when we make it.
What’s on the Fry Board?
For this fries board, I used seasoned French fries, waffle-cut fries, tater tots, and crinkle-cut fries. All of these types of French fries can be found at most grocery stores.
To make it fun, I add several dipping sauces:
- Sriracha mayo
- Guacamole dip
- Ranch dip
I like to make sauces from scratch, and they’re really easy. But, of course, if you’re short on time, you can always use store-bought dips, so keep that in mind!
How to Make the Dips
The detailed recipe steps for each dip are listed in the recipe card, but here’s an overview of each.
Sriracha Mayo: It’s made with mayo, sriracha, tomato paste, lime juice, butter, and garlic. All you do is melt the butter and add the garlic. Once it’s softened, cool the garlic butter and then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
Guacamole Dip: For this one, you’ll need mashed avocado, lime, garlic powder, and salt. Mix it up, and it’s done!
Homemade Ranch: Combine sour cream, mayo, garlic powder, dried dill, and milk in a bowl and then let it chill until you’re ready to serve it.
How to Make a French Fry Platter
Once you have your sauces, you can assemble the board. First, bake the fries and tots following the package instructions.
Use a large platter or a rimmed sheet pan for your board. Transfer your dips to serving bowls that fit on the tray and place them in different places on the board.
Arrange the hot French fries and tater tots around the dipping bowls. I like to garnish the board with chopped cilantro for some color and tuck some lime wedges into the arrangement.
The last thing to do is serve the French fry board and enjoy!
Can you make the dips ahead of time?
You can make the sriracha mayo and ranch dip a day in advance and keep them in the refrigerator. However, I don’t recommend making the guacamole ahead because it will turn brown as it sits. So, wait to make it until just before you’re ready to serve the platter.
What other dips and sauces are good for a French fry board?
Try some BBQ sauce, aioli, blue cheese dip, ketchup, fry sauce (a combo of ketchup and mayo), or different kinds of salsa. There are a lot of options!
How many types of French fries are there?
According to The Daily Mail, there are 15 types of French fries[AA1] . So, there are plenty of choices if you want to switch up your board. This French fry charcuterie board will be great for your next party, but you don’t need that as an excuse to make one. I make it for my family for game nights and movie nights – it’s always a fun treat. I hope you give it a try!
More Gathering Boards You'll Enjoy
French Fry Charcuterie Board Recipe
Sriracha Mayo Dip:
- - 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- - 2 tablespoons of sriracha
- - 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- - ½ lime juiced
- - 1 tablespoons of butter
- - 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- - 1 avocado mashed
- - ½ lime juiced
- - 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- - ½ teaspoon of salt
- - ¼ cup of sour cream
- - ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- - ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- - 1 teaspoon of dried dill
- - 1 tablespoon of milk
French fry Board:
- - ½ 1.8-pound bag of seasoned French fries
- - ½ 2- pound bag of deli waffle cut fries
- - ½ 2-pound bag of tater tots
- - ½ 2-pound bag of crinkle cut fries
- - ¼-½ cup of ketchup
- - Ranch dip
- - Sriracha mayo dip
- - Guacamole dip
- - Optional garnish: Freshly cut cilantro and lime wedges
Instructions to make the sriracha mayo dip:
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the butter.
- Then, add the minced garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo, sriracha, tomato paste, lime juice and butter garlic mixture.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes before serving to allow all of the ingredients to mix well.
Instructions to make the guacamole dip: 9nh
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes to allow all of the ingredients to integrate.
Instructions to make the homemade ranch:
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes to allow all of the ingredients to mix well.
Instructions to assemble the French fry board:
- Bake the fries according to the instructions on your bags.
- Using a large cutting board, metal basket or baking tray, place down the ketchup, ranch, sriracha mayo and guacamole dip bowls then arrange the fries around the board in a way that looks good to you.
- Sprinkle the cilantro around on the fries and place the lime wedges around.
- Serve immediately.
This French Fry Charcuterie Board has four different types of French fries and tots, plus a variety of easy homemade dipping sauces to go with them. Easily arrange everything on a platter for serving and dipping!
Mel is an IT guy turned blogger and is discovering his love of cooking and photography. If you ever have Fantasy Football questions, he's your guy.