This easy Mummy Pizza recipe is a fun appetizer or dinner to make for Halloween night. They have a French bread crust and a cheesy bacon ranch topping. Strips of crescent rolls turn them into mummies, complete with black olive eyes. If you’re looking for Halloween pizza ideas, this is a fun one to try!
Today I have a fun recipe that will add a little spooky fun to your Halloween snack or appetizer spread. This mummy pizza Halloween recipe is easy to make, fun for kids and adults, and delicious.
I was inspired by chicken bacon ranch pizza and turned it into an easy French bread pizza with a (not so) scary twist.
Spooky Halloween Pizza
Our little goblin is not so little anymore, but these are the types of things we’d make when she was smaller. She could easily help make them, but the flavors appeal to adults, too.
So, even though we may not host a house full of small ghosts and spirits this year, we still make them – they’re pizza, after all, and perfect for any Halloween gathering, kid and adult alike.
They’re easy to assemble and even easier to eat. The bacon, chicken, and ranch combination is always a hit, but you can easily customize them with your favorite toppings.
- French bread
- Ranch dressing
- Shredded cooked chicken
- Mozzarella cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooked and crumbled bacon
- Diced scallions
- Canned crescent rolls
- Sliced black olives
How to Make Them
Slice the bread in half and then slice each half horizontally, so you have four pieces. Spread the ranch dressing on each piece.
Combine the chicken, all of the cheese, crumbled bacon, and scallions in a large bowl. Top each piece of bread with this mixture and spread it into an even layer.
To make the mummy wrapping, slice the crescent roll dough into thin strips. Layer the strips on the bread pieces to resemble mummy bandages. Place two olive slices on each piece, so they look like eyes.
Bake the mummy pizzas at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes or until they are hot and the crescent dough is golden. Serve them hot from the oven with ranch dressing on the side for dipping.
We love the bacon ranch combination for these, but you can swap ingredients to create new flavors. Here are some ideas you might like:
- Pepperoni Bacon Pizza: Use pizza sauce in place of the ranch and swap the chicken for pepperoni. Keep the scallions or trade them for some finely chopped green bell peppers.
- Pesto Chicken: Use pesto sauce as the base, add the chicken, and change the cheddar cheese for Provolone. Add some extra pesto on the side for dipping.
- Veggie Mummies: Finely chop bell peppers, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes, add your favorite pizza cheese, and use marinara sauce as the base.
- Cheesy Sausage Pizza: Use Alfredo sauce as the base and top it with cooked and crumbled Italian Sausage. Add some mozzarella, Provolone, and Parmesan cheese.
You can assemble the pizzas ahead of time and keep them covered in the refrigerator. Then, all you have to do when the party starts is pop them in the oven. They will keep well for up to a day if you prep them ahead.
If you are hosting a crowd, you can double or triple the recipe. Then, bake them off in batches, so you don’t have too many sitting out at a time getting cold. This is great if you have an open-house-style party where people come and go at different times. The last tip is to have fun! Make this mummy pizza recipe for Halloween as fancy or simple as you like and, if you have kids, have them help. It’s a really fun activity that will leave lasting memories. I hope you give them a try!
More Pizza Inspired Recipes You'll Love
Chicken Bacon Ranch Mummy Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf of french bread
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 shredded cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 3 scallions diced
- 1 8 count can crescent rolls
- Sliced black olives
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your french bread in half and then slice each half horizontally so you have 4 pieces.
- Spread ¼ cup of the ranch dressing onto each piece of bread.
- In a large bowl mix together the cooked shredded chicken, both cheeses, the cooked crumbled bacon and the scallions.
- Mix to combine.
- Place the chicken mixture on each bread evenly.
- Next slice your crescent roll dough into strips.
- Place the crescent rolls strips onto the pizzas to resemble mummies.
- Place 2 sliced olives for the eyes on each one.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 15-18 minutes until golden.
- Serve with more ranch for dipping.
If you’re looking for Halloween pizza ideas, this is a fun one to try – Chicken Bacon Ranch Mummy Pizza. It’s flavorful and festive!
Mel is an IT guy turned blogger and is discovering his love of cooking and photography. If you ever have Fantasy Football questions, he's your guy.