This Taco Soup is a quick 30-minute soup recipe with ground beef, taco seasoning, beans, and veggies. Add your favorite taco toppings for serving for an easy and delicious meal.
Sometimes a warm bowl is soup is perfect for a light dinner or lunch, and this easy taco soup recipe is always a favorite.
It takes about 30 minutes from start to finish, and the prep work is really easy. It’s a combination of ground beef, fresh veggies, and some frozen and pantry ingredients. The flavors are excellent!
This is a beef taco soup, but you can substitute ground turkey if that’s what you have on hand. We like to make the soup and then serve it with different topping options so everyone can choose their favorites. I have a lot of suggestions for you, plus tips for adapting this recipe with other ingredients.
If you like ground beef tacos, I think you’ll really enjoy this easy taco soup. It has a creamy texture, and it’s lighter than tacos but with the same great flavors.
Taco Soup Ingredients
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Beef broth
- Heavy cream
- Kidney beans
- Frozen corn
- Diced red bell pepper
- Diced onion
How to Make Taco Soup
Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Once it’s browned, add the taco seasoning and broth. Stir well to combine. Next, slowly add the heavy cream while stirring.
Add the beans, corn, peppers, and onions. Stir to combine and then simmer the soup on low for six to eight minutes before serving.
My favorite part is adding the toppings. There are many different ones to try, so mix and match to customize your taco soup!
- Shredded cheese like cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack, pepper jack, or Mexican blend.
- Tortilla chips or tortilla strips add some crunch.
- Try some diced jalapeno, red onion, or sliced green onions.
- Add a spoonful of sour cream or some diced avocado. Or try a dollop of guacamole.
- Meat: You can swap the ground beef for ground turkey or ground pork. If the meat you use has a lot of fat, you may want to drain it off before adding the seasoning. That way, your soup won’t be too greasy.
- Beans: Black beans, pinto beans, or white beans can be used in place of kidney beans.
- Veggies: Feel free to add chopped garlic if you like that flavor and use any bell pepper color.
- Cream: You can use the same amount of half and half if you want it a little lighter. I don’t recommend using milk.
Leftover taco soup will keep in the refrigerator for a few days. Reheat it on the stove or in the microwave for easy lunches. It doesn’t get much easier than this taco soup recipe! It’s so quick and has tons of flavor. Make it the next time you’re craving something warm – I hope you enjoy it!
More Recipes To Fix Your Taco Cravings
Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 3 Tbs Taco Seasoning
- 4 Cups beef broth
- ¼ C Heavy Cream
- 1 Can kidney beans drained
- 1 Cup frozen corn
- ½ Red Pepper diced
- ¼ Cup diced onion
- ⅛ - ¼ Shredded cheese for each serving
- Brown the ground beef in a medium skillet.
- Once beef is browned, add taco seasoning and beef broth and stir until seasoning is mixed in well.
- While stirring, slowly add the heavy cream to the beef mixture.
- Add kidney beans, corn, red pepper and diced onion, mix until combined. Simmer on low for 6-8min.
- Serve immediately and top with cheese and your toppings of choice. Enjoy!
Tortilla chips, Cilantro, Jalapenos, Green Onions, Sour Cream, Avocado
This Taco Soup is a quick 30-minute soup recipe with ground beef, taco seasoning, beans, and veggies!
Mel is an IT guy turned blogger and is discovering his love of cooking and photography. If you ever have Fantasy Football questions, he's your guy.