Taco pasta is an extremely easy weeknight dinner idea that is ready in under 30 minutes!
With simple pantry ingredients, this creamy taco pasta will be on your weekly dinner rotation.
PIN IT NOW TO SAVE FOR LATER
Taco pasta pulls your favorite flavors from classic ground beef tacos, into one epic pasta dish!
Taco Tuesday never tasted so good.
I love being able to mix up everyday classic recipes into new and fun recipes. Taking taco flavors and toppings and making it into a taco pasta skillet will make even the pickiest eater want seconds!
This taco pasta can easily be made into a taco pasta casserole.
- To make a taco pasta casserole, just make the recipe per the directions.
- Pour everything into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese.
- Place dish into a preheated 350° oven.
- Bake until bubbly and the cheese is melted on top, about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings!
How to make creamy taco pasta:
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Season beef with seasonings and let fry in the oil.
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes uncovered.
- Stir in the sour cream. Add the cooked pasta to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve and let everyone top with their favorite taco toppings! I love adding sliced olives, chopped tomatoes, shredded Mexican style cheese, cilantro, and more sour cream!
What I love the most about this taco pasta is how it is so easily customizable.
Love a creamier pasta? Add 2 ounces of cream cheese to the sauce.
Love spicy foods? Add 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle powder to the mix and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
The possibilities are endless!
What to serve with taco pasta?
It’s great on its own or even with a small side salad. I love using my creamy garlic salad dressing with this recipe, it pairs perfectly!
Want even more? Subscribe to Easy Good Ideas to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 pound spaghetti noodles (or pasta of your choice)
- In a large skillet, get the pan hot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef to the pan, brown and crumble the meat until just cooked through. Drain from any excess oil or water from the meat.
- Add the taco seasoning packet, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin. Stir to coat the meat. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce, stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered. Cook and drain pasta.
- Stir in the sour cream to the sauce, add pasta and stir to coat. Serve with favorite taco toppings like more sour cream, cheese, chopped tomatoes, chopped cilantro, sliced olives, etc.
Looking for more Mexican-inspired dishes? Try these!
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Pasta AND taco deliciousness in one recipe? What’s not to love!!!!