I love easy recipes that come together in 30 minutes or less like this pesto pasta recipe.
So simple and yummy, easy to make for lunch or dinner any day.
What is in this easy pesto pasta recipe?
- Olive oil - extra virgin
- Bell pepper - use orange or red bell pepper for color
- Shredded chicken is optional - If you have some leftover roast chicken, shred it and add it to this pasta.
How do you make this easy pesto pasta recipe?
I used fusilli pasta for this recipe. Look how cute those spirals are. But you can use your favorite pasta.
Are you gluten-free? Just use gluten-free fusilli!
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
Use store-bought pesto or make your own.
You can use your favorite pesto for this pasta dish. But I am including a pesto recipe here if you want to make your own!
While the pasta is cooking, make the pesto.
In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the olive oil, kale, basil, garlic, sunflower seeds, lemon juice and salt.
Process everything together. Make it chunky or smooth according to your preference. Set the pesto aside.
Or store in a glass jar for future use.
Put everything together for this pesto pasta recipe.
In a large pan on low-medium heat, add the olive oil.
Add the diced bell pepper, shredded chicken (if using) and pesto. Mix thoroughly.
Add the cooked pasta and stir everything together. Add more pesto if you prefer.
That's it! Easy peasy, right?
Serve warm and enjoy!
Make this easy pesto pasta recipe today!
Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 1 package fusilli 454 g or 16 oz package
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 orange or red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup pesto store-bought or see recipe below
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1-2 cup kale de-stemmed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
Making the Kale Pesto
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the olive oil, kale, basil, garlic, sunflower seeds, lemon juice and sea salt.
- Process everything together. Make it chunky or smooth according to your preference.
- Place into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
Making the Pesto Pasta
- In a large pan on low-medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Add the bell pepper, pesto and shredded chicken, if using. Stir together.
- Add cooked pasta and mix thoroughly. Add more pesto if desired.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Try this Garlic Scape-Kale Pesto recipe too!
Pesto would also go great with these Asparagus Shrimp Egg Cups!
Dorothy is a blogger over at CrazyforCrust.com, where she's been sharing recipes with a slice of life for almost 10 years. She's married to Mel, the other half of Easy Good Ideas, and together they are raising a teenager and dog in Northern California.