These EASY Biscuit Taco Bowls are perfect for Taco Tuesday! Made of refrigerated biscuits you just bake them on a muffin pan and then fill them with your favorite taco fillings. Make a baked tostada salad using biscuit dough!
Did you forget to buy tortillas or want something different to serve your tacos in? These easy taco bowls are baked in just a few minutes and are the perfect way to serve up your taco salad without frying.
We absolutely love Taco Tuesday. In fact, we love it so much that often we have taco Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday! Tacos are so easy to make and throw together with any kind of meat, especially leftover ground turkey or chicken. Tacos are great in tortillas or on salads, perfect for every diet!
One of our favorite things to do are eat Tostada Salads (we call them Taco Bowls). I love the combination of lettuce and meat and beans all in a taco shell that's not quite a taco. But those tostadas are always fried and while fried tortillas are good, they're not quite good for you. Instead, you can make your own baked taco bowls to hold individual taco salads! These are fast and easy because they start with biscuit dough and the kids love them! Fill them with your favorite toppings to make a tostada salad or taco and serve them on Taco Tuesday!
Perfect for Cindo de Mayo, these easy Taco Bowls are perfect for a taco bar or anytime you want tacos in a different kind of shell.
What are you favorite taco toppings? We love plain cheese and lettuce, and I love avocado and olives. My husband loves sour cream and my daughter loves them plain. That's what's so great about making a taco bar, everyone can have their own toppings.
Have you ever hosted Taco Tuesday at your house? One of these days I'm doing to make a DIY taco bar with all our favorite toppings, like these homemade refried beans.
These easy Taco Bowls are the perfect way to finish off your taco bar - they hold the entire taco! The best part about this recipe is that you don't need a taco bowl maker and you don't need to search for those new crunchy taco bowls they sell. You can make your own with just a muffin pan and a roll of biscuit dough!
How to make easy biscuit taco bowls:
- I like to slice my biscuits in half so they aren't as thick.
- Make sure to spray your muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. And don't forget to flip it upside down!
- These last a few days in a resealable bag, so they're even great for a quick lunch!
Easy Biscuit Taco Bowls
- 1 can 16.3 ounces Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits (not flaky)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Turn a muffin pan upside down and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the biscuits in half lengthwise (as if you were making a sandwich) to make 16 slices.
- Wrap each slice over one section of the inverted muffin pan. Bake for 10-18 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Cool at least 10 minutes before removing.
- Fill with your favorite taco toppings and serve.
Dorothy is a blogger over at CrazyforCrust.com, where she's been sharing recipes with a slice of life for almost 10 years. She's married to Mel, the other half of Easy Good Ideas, and together they are raising a teenager and dog in Northern California.